U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 06:39 AM

4 posts, read 26,340 times

Advertisements

I hope someone can help me out in what feels like my never-ending search. I graduated from OSU in 2005 but moved back to my hometown 2 hours away. I'm now planning a move back to Columbus and want to live in the university district near OSU again. I'll be moving back to the area and living with my sister, her boyfriend and my fiancee. All 3 of them will be attending either OSU or CSCC and I will be working at OSU so we want to live in the OSU campus area.

Here's our dilemma...we really need an apartment/townhouse/house with at least a 1 car (attached or detached) garage. My fiancee was formerly a mechanic by trade so he's got one of those enormous Snap-On toolboxes and lots of other tools and equipment. Both guys also have motorcycles. So we simply need the garage for storage and occasional car maintenance.

It seems finding a rental in the university district with a garage is nearly impossible. We also need a place that allows dogs and has hardwood floors (because of the shedding dogs!). This criteria limits our choices even further.

I'm slowly working my way down the list of 200+ landlords listed on OSU's off-campus housing website but so far am not having much luck.

So here's the real question...it would be much easier to find an affordable and spacious 2 bedroom with all hardwood floors and allows pets (there's lots of those available). So is it possible to simply rent a usable garage space somewhere within close driving distance to this area? When I say usable - I mean that it must have electricity to run tools and my fiancee and can do our occasional car maintenance out if it (so standard storage places won't work).

Any suggestions? I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist and the Dipatch's classifieds site with no luck or ideas so far.

Can anyone help with suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or