U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 14,098 times
Default Kroger Warehouse in Delaware - What do you know ?

Does anybody have any experience working at the big Kroger distribution center (warehouse) in Delaware (just north of Columbus) ? - If not, perhaps a few people may know someone that worked there before.

I recently moved down here to Columbus, Ohio - I'm just looking for a job; honest pay for honest work. I talked to someone that worked at the Kroger warehouse before. This person told me the turnover rate is pretty high. He also said they work 12 hour shifts, for 5 (sometimes 6) days a week.

I'm just a little curious to know WHY the turnover-rate would be so high, if what this person told me is in fact true. I can certainly understand it, if some people are trying to balance a family life & kids. Maybe 12-hour shifts wear on some people, after a while. - Understandable.

I'm just wondering what people might know about the work environment at this Kroger warehouse. - Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 30,591 times
I worked there.Good job hard work yes some long shifts we worked up to 16 hours a day put your time in ang get in the union.I woked the freezer.its about 0f in thier the ice cream room is -15.If you work produce the temp is 36 year around which is nice you dont sweat to much.If you can work very fast and safe and are fit it is a great place to work.When you apply for the job go around back behind wharehouse front gate is for big trucks only also bring all your info you fill out app. on compter no paper apps.They start ot at about 12-13$ an hour.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 14,098 times
Truch:

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the 36 degree job, sounds like a good deal. I applied online. Sixteen hour shifts sure are long. I just hope they don't routinely ask people to go home, at the end of their extended-shift, and then come back 8 hours later.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 5,204 times
Kroger Warehouse is probably a good place to work, if you want to work like a dog. You better be fast, if you don't meet their quotas within 6 weeks you are gone regardless. They tell you to be at a certain time each week but then bump the time frames up and if you don't get there, you are gone. No questions ask. Forget the 120 day probation period....no such thing...Just saying

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM

5,582 posts, read 2,946,927 times
Sounds about as fun as the Kroger outlet store I worked for six months when I first came here. I've never been expected to work so hard for so little money in all my life.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,889 times
Do they pay every week or every two weeks?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM

449 posts, read 247,625 times
I have a friend that worked there through grad school in an office capacity and he seemed to move up the ladder relatively quickly. He isn't what I would consider a natural leader or even a real go-getter but he has a good puritanical work ethic and showed up on time and put in his hours. Within a few months he was promoted to more senior roles and asked to take on more responsibility. He never said anything negative about the place specifically just that at times it was tough to juggle school and work at the same time particularly during the week of final exams.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:47 AM

2 posts, read 573 times
Kroger distribution center is violating so many labor laws it is unbelievable. They work you mandatory over time then write you up if your child ....goes to the hospital or your spouse is in the hospital and you no help for your children. My sons wife had a mis-carriage and he was written up for it. He has worked 39 days in a row and then got the flu and was written up again. This place has a union and this is one union that clearly is falling short on protecting their members. Horrible conditions, inept management.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,542,929 times
I refuse to accept shipments that go to any Kroger DC...same is true of any cargo that goes into a Walmart DC...none of them are easy to deal w/ for truckers...especially when they need to get unloaded quickly even if on time for appts which are at the weirdest hrs (like 3 AM) to be able to make it to their next pickup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus