Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM

3 posts, read 14,691 times

Advertisements

Hey we are planning on having a Bachelor party for a friend who lives in troy. We were planning on Columbus and being from Canada I have no clue whats good in the area. The information I have found on the net so far has been lest then helpful. Where are some good hot spots. We where planning on starting the day with golf, Go-Kart or some sort of activity. For the night we like to head to a few bars. which bars are hot spots or great for a bachelor party. Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

oh ya we are planning on doing it in May of this year (2010)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
There is paintball a little ways north of Columbus near Mount Gilead if you are interested in that sort of thing (Welcome To SplatterPark!). For Go-Kart, the only place I can think of in the area is Magic Mountain. It's nothing fancy, but they have games and things too. There is one on the north side off Polaris Parkway and another one down on the east side. Magic Mountain Polaris in Columbus - Birthday Parties, Group Events, Go-Karts, Video Games, Miniature Golf and more!

There are TONS of golf courses in the area. The most well know is probably Muirfield in Dublin (NW side of Columbus. This is Jack Nicklaus was born here and hosts a PGA tournament at this course every year. It might be a little expensive, and now that I think about it's probably also private. Sorry. Also around the north side is Bent Tree Bent Tree Golf Club (http://www.benttreegc.com/layout9.asp?id=201&page=4113 - broken link) and Blackhawk Golfclub Home. I believe these are both public courses.

I'm not sure what kind of a bachelor party your looking for, but if you want just a relaxed kind of bar setting, I like the Winking Lizard Tavern. There are several in Ohio, but the one I've been to is on Bethel Rd in Columbus .:: Winking Lizard Tavern ::.. They have over 100 different beers. There are a lot of bars in Columbus, especially down around High St. just so you are aware though, if you head down to this area near campus or in the short north, you'll probably run into the college crowd. That said, if you're going to be up and moving the next morning, I would still suggest going to Hang Over Easy. The address and menu is at their website Hang Over Easy. And yes, you can get alcohol with your breakfast. Nothing like whiskey and eggs to start your morning out right

Hope that helps getting you started.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
I apologize for the many typing areas above. I know it makes me sound like I'm not that bright.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Paintball sounds good. thanks for the info.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 AM

any other suggestions would be great

Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM

146 posts, read 336,083 times
I second the Splatter park option, I have been up there 2 or 3 times and I've had a blast. FYI, you'll be sore the next day!

Golf Courses everywhere, I don't know much about them though.

The arena district is pretty much Bachelor and Bachelorette central. Depending on your age, Lodge Bar, Frog Bear Wild Boar, the Patio, GasWerks, ect. There are some "Lounge/Club" types as well like Sugar and Mozaik Lounge if that is your thing. Quite a few options down in the area for dining as well, the Elevator, Barleys, Barrio, ect. If you guys are looking for a quieter Guinness type evening, there are plenty of those bars too (that's where you'll find me) but it sounds like you are looking for a little more action.

Campus area, short north, and the brewery district can be fun as well, but if you are looking for a "stereotypical" guys night out type bachelor party, you can find plenty of trouble in the Arena District.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM

146 posts, read 336,083 times
Oh, this might help you get familiar with some of the bars in the area.

Happy Hours in Columbus, OH - UrbanDrinks.com Happy Hour Directory

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus