U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 PM

214 posts, read 1,240,291 times

Advertisements

Ever since we had to have out hard drive wiped out and reinstalled after getting SPYWARE we have not been able to upload any of our photos from our computer to the internet. We use KODAK Gallery to upload and then order pictures online and also send to our family out of state of the kids but now I cannot upload them from my computer to the website. I have tried other websites like Shutterfly and snapfish but still all uploads fail. I have tried just doing a few pictures at a time but still none upload. I did get them to upload them when I was on my parents computer but not on mine. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? I don't know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 PM

615 posts, read 495,665 times
I'm curious, does Snapfish and Shutterfly require you to use Java? If so, you may need to install the Java Software. That can be found at java.com: Java + You

Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,300,630 times
In addition to what Figueroa suggested, my questions would be:

1) How does the upload fail/not working exactly?
Nothing happens or you get an error message? Please provide some details.
Also what is your operating system (if applicable, its service pack, etc.)

2) Are you using Kodak EasyShare or some other app to upload your pictures?
If so, what is it and its version? Have you tried updating it?

3) If you are using a web browser to upload the pictures, what is your browser and its version please? If you are using IE for example, have you tried another browser such as Firefox or Opera?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

214 posts, read 1,240,291 times
Default original poster

I have java on my computer. It doesn't appear to make a difference.

1.) The picture will upload 100% but then it doesn't transfer and says upload failed and is not oon the Kodak website.
What do you mean by my operating system? I have Windows XP on a DELL computer. Not sure if this is what you mean.

2.) I have the pictures uploaded on to my computer but cannot get them on to the Kodak Easyshare website anymore.

3.)I used to use IE but now have FireFox but that doesn't seem to work.

*Also I am able to upload pictures onto Facebook (haven't done more than 1 at a time though) and I began uploading pictures to SNAPFISH today and uploaded 8 pictures without a problem. I would really like to continue using the Kodak website since I have all my pictures from the past approx. 6 years on there and cannot transfer them to another website now.

I have tried contacting Kodak but it appears to be a pain and have always gotten more help from this forum than anywhere else. Thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
In addition to what Figueroa suggested, my questions would be:

1) How does the upload fail/not working exactly?
Nothing happens or you get an error message? Please provide some details.
Also what is your operating system (if applicable, its service pack, etc.)

2) Are you using Kodak EasyShare or some other app to upload your pictures?
If so, what is it and its version? Have you tried updating it?

3) If you are using a web browser to upload the pictures, what is your browser and its version please? If you are using IE for example, have you tried another browser such as Firefox or Opera?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:57 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,300,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
I have java on my computer. It doesn't appear to make a difference.

1.) The picture will upload 100% but then it doesn't transfer and says upload failed and is not oon the Kodak website.
What do you mean by my operating system? I have Windows XP on a DELL computer. Not sure if this is what you mean.

2.) I have the pictures uploaded on to my computer but cannot get them on to the Kodak Easyshare website anymore.

3.)I used to use IE but now have FireFox but that doesn't seem to work.

*Also I am able to upload pictures onto Facebook (haven't done more than 1 at a time though) and I began uploading pictures to SNAPFISH today and uploaded 8 pictures without a problem. I would really like to continue using the Kodak website since I have all my pictures from the past approx. 6 years on there and cannot transfer them to another website now.

I have tried contacting Kodak but it appears to be a pain and have always gotten more help from this forum than anywhere else. Thanks for your help.
The problem appears to be with the browser and the site you are using since SnapFish and other sites you used allowed you to upload.

What version of Internet Explorer and Firefox are you using? If Firefox is not the latest, try this:
Uninstall Firefox and make sure if your FF favorites (Bookmarks) are different than IE Favorites, back them up first, OK?
Here is a quick and dirty way to backup your FF Bookmarks:
- Top toolbar click BOOKMARKS
- Click ORGANIZE BOOKMARKS
- On the new window that opens up, click IMPORT AND BACKUP

now, if you want the backup file to be only retrieved by Firefox in the future, select "Backup.." from the drop-down list. If you would like to be able to import them into IE at some point, then click on "Export HTML.." option and select a suitable location (My Documents, Desktop, etc.)

When done, uninstall Firefox and make sure not to leave any settings, configuration behind when asked. Reboot your computer and delete the following folders if they exist:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla

Now, install/re-install the latest version of Firefox and give it a shot.
If for some reason, it still failed without an error, then as it fails, click "TOOLS" on the top toolbar of Firefox then select "Error Console".
When the Error Console window opens up, click on the ERRORS button to list only the errors. Highlight all that is listed and then right-click > copy then paste it to your next post please.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,707 times
i cannot upoad pictures to any websites,have adobe,windows XP,using IE8 and i cleared my cache but nothing seems to be working,everytime i press the upload button its takes forever to load and then ends up going to "wep-page expired"..help!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 PM

19,537 posts, read 22,722,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99brebry View Post
i cannot upoad pictures to any websites,have adobe,windows XP,using IE8 and i cleared my cache but nothing seems to be working,everytime i press the upload button its takes forever to load and then ends up going to "wep-page expired"..help!!!
You should start your own thread. Leeching is considered rude and the majority of us won't respond to this post - and we shouldn't.

Start a new thread is at the top of the screen to the left.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM

19,537 posts, read 22,722,750 times
OP; Any add ons installed in Firefox?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers