U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM

731 posts, read 1,396,950 times

Advertisements

While I am on a game site, the game site name was on the left side of the tab and then the tab turned from blue to green and a person's name appeared next to the game name on the tab. What is going on here?

Also, after downloading a page, a search string looking bunch of words keeps on , its not items remaining or anything like that, after the page has downloaded it looks like it is searching. What is up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 PM

6,385 posts, read 10,837,932 times
tiny, you might want to share some information such as what site it is you were referring to and what OS + browser + version you are using just in case the people who want to help you didn't have a crystal ball handy.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM

10,752 posts, read 17,993,358 times
No one here will have any clue at all whats going on, as a post just thrown out here with the provided info very few if any people will have any idea what your talking about. I would suggest the support pages for the game site in question.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
tiny, you might want to share some information such as what site it is you were referring to and what OS + browser + version you are using just in case the people who want to help you didn't have a crystal ball handy.
I am so sorry. The site is Mindjolt Games that is on my Facebook page (linked from Mindjolt?) I have Internet Explorer 8 browser and I am stupid and I don't know what OS means. When I click on the mindjolt game which is three pyramid solitare, down in the left hand corner where is says "Done", it first says "Done" and then a string of words or letters keeps running where it did have "Done".

The deal is that someone came to my house, just had to get on my computer, then put disc in it and kept jacking around and then got the disc, put it in their purse and left. So, Im just wondering what the hell.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I am so sorry. The site is Mindjolt Games that is on my Facebook page (linked from Mindjolt?) I have Internet Explorer 8 browser and I am stupid and I don't know what OS means. When I click on the mindjolt game which is three pyramid solitare, down in the left hand corner where is says "Done", it first says "Done" and then a string of words or letters keeps running where it did have "Done".

The deal is that someone came to my house, just had to get on my computer, then put disc in it and kept jacking around and then got the disc, put it in their purse and left. So, Im just wondering what the hell.
Okay, its Windows XP pro.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM

4,018 posts, read 7,039,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post

Ok that right there is no good. You can't allow just someone to do what they did.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah, that is no joke. Today, I log in to my facebook and this persons friend page shows up under my login information. So, I wrote them a message, a nice one...but ...it is just so much like voyeurism...it creeps me out. I think that is internet crime, don't you?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Not at all, it's you being very lax in your computer security. What you should be thinking about is the other stuff that was done that you don't know about.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 PM

Oh, it isn't a crime to hack into someone's computer? Well, I guess its my fault then.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 AM

There was no hacking, someone was in your house, and you let them use your computer, I fail to see where any hacking was involved. The fault does pretty much lie with you, simply password protecting your account would prevent others from using it without your permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers