U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 PM

452 posts, read 778,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Ok, forgive me if this sounds rude, but what possible train of thought would bring you to the conclusion that you should delete a Windows system file? That is the last thing you should do, some of the conclusions that computer neophyte's come to boggle the mind sometimes
Seriously, you need to find a good local shop to help you, you've got so many different posts about the same issue I can't even keep up any more.
Not making fun of you, you just need more hands on help I think.
Dave: By coming to this medium is how I am going to learn how to fix my computer, so I do not have to depend later on on others. You have no idea how much I have learned so far with all of you, which is greatly appreciated. I get the information from here, then I go to youtube, and learn more there.

And about the deletion of a Windows file, in one of my previous posts, someone mentioned that... .............

Now, since I have had two mini-dumps with Ntkrnlpa.exe, what else can be done to stop this file from crashing my pc? Thank you, Dave,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 12:38 PM

11,715 posts, read 36,332,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
what else can be done to stop this file from crashing my pc?
Windows can crash for different reasons, some hardware related, some software related. Did you run the memory test like I suggested?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Windows can crash for different reasons, some hardware related, some software related. Did you run the memory test like I suggested?

It got complicated. I went into their website, and it comes in a CD-Rom, the lastest version of 3.5 for $9.95, to be mailed. There was a free download that I pressed and this is what happened. A file log came out that belongs to my pc. And....

I have a compressed Bin file dated, with 43.0 KB dated 12/27/07, with the name of Memtest 86, with the 3.4a version, but. When I attempted to open it, Windows says that this file is part of a program, and no known program will open this file, and gave me two choices:

to use the web to find the correct program to open it, which took me in a different direction asking me to buy other things, and choice #2 was Select a program from a list of installed programs, such as Adobe, Acrobat, and many others.

Please tell me in DETAIL how to proceed from this point on. Thank you,

Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 PM

11,715 posts, read 36,332,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
It got complicated. I went into their website, and it comes in a CD-Rom, the lastest version of 3.5 for $9.95, to be mailed. There was a free download that I pressed and this is what happened. A file log came out that belongs to my pc. And....

I have a compressed Bin file dated, with 43.0 KB dated 12/27/07, with the name of Memtest 86, with the 3.4a version, but. When I attempted to open it, Windows says that this file is part of a program, and no known program will open this file, and gave me two choices:

to use the web to find the correct program to open it, which took me in a different direction asking me to buy other things, and choice #2 was Select a program from a list of installed programs, such as Adobe, Acrobat, and many others.

Please tell me in DETAIL how to proceed from this point on. Thank you,
You should have downloaded a .zip file. Double click it and copy the .iso file inside to your desktop. You need software to turn that .iso file into a CD. If you don't have software to do that already (Roxio, Sonic, etc), you can download free software to do it. ImgBurn will do it. The Official ImgBurn Website

Old 09-10-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
You should have downloaded a .zip file. Double click it and copy the .iso file inside to your desktop. You need software to turn that .iso file into a CD. If you don't have software to do that already (Roxio, Sonic, etc), you can download free software to do it. ImgBurn will do it. The Official ImgBurn Website
What .zip file are you talking about? The Mentes86 that is already in my pc that I could not open because it belongs to another program, or a new .zip file?

First, I need to become acquainted with .zip files and Iso images. Thank you,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or