Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 AM

181 posts, read 124,158 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone here is what is going on, when I log onto imdb it then logs me out when I click on anything, (ie: replying to a topic), anything I click on it logs me back out. I can see the message boards and my post from the past but I can not reply. I tried deleting my cookies, that didn't work. I tried changing my password, my password changed correctly but it still logs me out after one click on anything. I have been a member on that site for a a couple of years. This morning I got my closest friend to check on it for me (by using my account cause I know I can change my password) and she says that everything is fine on her computer at work.
Why would this be happening to me now? It was working fine 24 hours ago but right around 9pm last night that is when I had all kinds of trouble.
I would not think it is a ban cause I am guessing that I would get a "you have been banned" message, right?
How can I fix this issue. Has this ever happened to anyone here? It is very stressful
Thank you kindly in advance for your kind advice on this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,794,155 times
From imdb TOS:

"Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information,
so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights,
or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning,
commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate
any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content. IMDb reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove
or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content."

If you have been banned, the site's rejection is most likely based upon your ip address which is why a friend with a different ip can enter by your screen name and password.
Ask your friend to screen capture and send to you, your last few comments (if they are still posted), to see whether or not you have violated some part of their terms of service.
If you can reach the site, try (without logging in), clicking on their Terms of Service, chances are that if you have been banned by ip address, they've extended your ban across
the board. I would think that you might have a fairly good notion as to whether or not you have posted anything that they might've found to be in violation of their policies.
Computers are getting more sophisticated with each passing day and it may even be possible that if you have used a screen recording program like Camstudio and recorded some
of their content, that they may have been able to see this at their end. Lastly, you may always contact the site thru email and hope for an explanation.

In any event, good luck reentering the site.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 AM

181 posts, read 124,158 times
Thank you so much Eddie for your advice.
Since I posted my OP I thought to strip my computer of all history anything that has to do with the internet, it took some time but it seemed to work.
See I always thought that "disk clean up" did that for me but apparently not, I had to go to "tools -> internet options -> delete history". A lesson that I learned too well.
Thank you again my friend for your kind advice. Take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers