Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Try it with ANY words that have 4, 3, 3, and 5 letters, respectively, and you get that
That's not true, this will only happen with certain words. If you type Bill fed the goats – You’ll get the same result, but if you type Fred led the brats, the text will display normally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM

3,289 posts, read 9,186,341 times
Quote:
That's not true, this will only happen with certain words. If you type Bill fed the goats – You’ll get the same result, but if you type Fred led the brats, the text will display normally
Okay, but it is obviously not some conspiracy if Bill fed the goats works.

I just tried it with Erin ate the bread and it worked. Liz

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
That's even more suspicious... BILL FED THE GOATS...... come on, people...... think! And add to that ERIN ATE THE BREAD. Takes us right back to the original- BUSH HID THE FACTS.... Just translate the Chinese text in those messages for the true message.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
Tried it and yes, if you do not end your sentence with a period you get rectangular characters.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Actually there is a workaround for this "bug", if you save the text document in Unicode, instead of the default ANSI format, the text will appear normally.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
I tried this just as you had given the directions, no problems with entering the text and saving the item, everything worked well. I closed it and opened it and I saw how it worked,,,,, it was funny. Now the problem,,,,,,, “why is it that NOW I have CIA cookies on the pc, and my mic & camera go “live” when I’m not using them? I can’t stop them from looking at me or hearing what I’m saying in the room. They seem to watch everything I type on the pc. ~ help! I promise I’ll never type the Bush name again. http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif (broken link)

Old 07-07-2007, 09:55 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I tried this just as you had given the directions, no problems with entering the text and saving the item, everything worked well. I closed it and opened it and I saw how it worked,,,,, it was funny. Now the problem,,,,,,, “why is it that NOW I have CIA cookies on the pc, and my mic & camera go “live” when I’m not using them? I can’t stop them from looking at me or hearing what I’m saying in the room. They seem to watch everything I type on the pc. ~ help! I promise I’ll never type the Bush name again. http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif (broken link)
Nuh uh! You're just pullin' our leg!

Aren't you?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:22 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Now I have to close the drapes, pull the blinds closed, and lock the doors before I login on the pc. After I get C-D online, I peeked outside and there were two unmarked “black” cars with dark tinted windows parked across the street.

I needed to pull the plug ASAP on the pc to stop any data from being sent.

I looked out again, and they were gone! ~ go figure? Damn cookies got me again.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:50 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,332 times
Exclamation Yikes!

Quote:
Now I have to close the drapes, pull the blinds closed, and lock the doors before I login on the pc. After I get C-D online, I peeked outside and there were two unmarked “black” cars with dark tinted windows parked across the street.

Sounds like you'd better be watchin' your back door, Aksarben!

Hey! Maybe you could start writing everything backwards so they can't tell what you're writing! Oh! Oh! And maybe you can put one of those tinted monitor covers over your screen so in case they have a camera aimed at your computer, they won't be able to read over your shoulder! Yeah! That'll fix 'em!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:11 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
You ARE wearing the special hat, aren't you? And isn't it black helicopters that we are to watch out for?

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers