U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 PM

7,253 posts, read 11,393,216 times

Advertisements

Need some help please. I just had my computer essentially rebuilt and upgraded. This included replacing my hard drive with a new one that has twice the memory. I had iTunes loaded on my computer with approx 1500 songs.

My PC guy removed everything from my old hard drive and reinstalled it on the new one. My iTunes library and other files are all located in the My Music folder on the hard disk.

I just downloaded iTunes onto the computer.

My question is this... Should I have iTunes reload my music that's on the new hard drive? Or should I connect my iPod to the PC and maybe it will download the music to the hard drive during its synch?

I don't know what I need to do. Help???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:31 PM

26,345 posts, read 83,926,729 times
Don't you just love iPods and itunes? Complete garbage. Just about every other MP3 player just connects to any PC and music is simply moved. No library restrictions to one PC like the iPod needs. A total hassle to sync.
I can't believe people buy ipods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw_oS...eature=related

Can't play WMA either, that is so lame.

iPods are complete overhyped, over marketed junk.

Why iPods Suck - Asymptomatic

Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 PM

11,715 posts, read 36,343,249 times
iPods don't do 2 way sync. If you connect your iPod full of music to your new iTunes with nothing in it, it'll want to wipe out your iPod. When setting up iTunes, I like to have iTunes copy imported song to the iTunes folder and have iTunes manage the songs in that folder. Run iTunes, click file..add folder the library, and point it to wherever your 1500 songs are saved on the old disk. iTunes will then copy them to your current iTunes music folder. Once you've verified that everything is in that folder and your library is complete, you can discard the old files and sync your iPod.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 PM

7,253 posts, read 11,393,216 times
That was great info! Thanks for the help. I have all of my songs back and the iPod has synched successfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers