U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM

66 posts, read 74,172 times
Default Skype

I use Skype to call friends in Europa.
But for some reason they can not hear me anymore. I can hear them very clear, like next door.
I did all the checks on my PC and the Skype test calling.
Everything checks out OK.
I use a headset with build in mic.
It's a Logitech set.
Thanks for any Ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM

11,727 posts, read 24,009,914 times
Wow, they have Internet on Jupiter's moons now?

Anyway, are you able to hear yourself when you use the test service? Go into Skype's audio settings and make sure the microphone is set to your Logitech headset. If you speak into it, you'll see the volume bars light up if its hearing you. I have a Logitech headset and it has a mic mute button on it. Make sure that's not muted.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM

269 posts, read 488,942 times
Could also be a sign of issues with your internet connection, upstream can sometimes be problematic while downstream seems fine. Check your modem and verify everything is functioning. You can also check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test then try resetting all networking equipment and check again see if there's any improvement. Write down your speeds, next time you are having problems with VOIP check again and see if your upstream speed is significantly lower than before.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:25 AM

6,474 posts, read 5,099,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Wow, they have Internet on Jupiter's moons now? .....
I guess it finally got there.

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there." - HAL-9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), in a message relayed from the monolith.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Wow, they have Internet on Jupiter's moons now?
I am assuming the op speaks a European language, and in many of them it is indeed Europa, the original name for the continent, named after.... Europa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers