U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 10:36 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,681,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Edit: This may not be accurate. I did not notice that the link went to a different model laptop. I'll keep snooping.

How to get to the CMOS battery on your laptop: EEE PC Internal Mods Guide (Page 1) / Hacks and Modifications / EeeUser Forum

Scroll down to this picture on that page. It's the round, blue piece with tape across it at the left.

Here's another page (although without the helpful tear down pictures) that's supposed to be for the 1050 ha:

Where is the cmos battery in the Asus 1005HA

Shows the battery being accessible from the top once the case is removed. http://i.imgur.com/B4zrj.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 11:36 AM

28,631 posts, read 40,609,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Here's another page (although without the helpful tear down pictures) that's supposed to be for the 1050 ha:

Where is the cmos battery in the Asus 1005HA

Shows the battery being accessible from the top once the case is removed. http://i.imgur.com/B4zrj.jpg
Is it a 1050 or a 1005? I sure wouldn't start tearing apart a laptop unless I had the proper directions!!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,091,715 times
You have two real options. If it's wrapped in tape like that, you should hope it has a harness that battery plugs into. I've some without any actual harness. I've had CMOS batteries wrapped in tape with wires being held onto the battery. If that's the case, you can use the same wire and use a little electrical tape. If it has the harness, it's a 1.50 battery.

Otherwise, you can usually buy a matching battery for like $5 on eBay.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 AM

11,734 posts, read 11,311,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee007 View Post
Hi, I tried to find a solution to my pc issue, but the problem keeps coming back. Maybe there's a simple solution, but I'm not very tech-savvy. I have an ASUS eee 1050ha - it's under 2 years old and I only use it about twice a week, so the battery is still good and still holds an 8 hr charge.

About 2 weeks ago I turned it on and it opened up to the BIOS screen, American MegaTrends. This had never happened before & I'd never seen that screen before--I thought it was a virus. I didn't know how to exit from it and inadvertently erased everything, so it started from a clean slate. I discovered that f1 would've bypassed the BIOS and taken me to the Windows screen...Yeah, live and learn.

The problem is, it still opens up to the this BIOS screen at start-up. I have to reset the 'silent boot' as well as the 'time/date' for every new session. I say every "new" session because once I set it, shut it down to test whether the changes stuck, then restart it, everything seems to be okay. However, tomorrow it will be the same problem again with the BIOS screen opening, with 'silent boot' disabled, and the date starting at January 1, 2002. It appears that after, I assume, so many hours, my notebook does not 'hold' any of the changes I made to the BIOS screen. Any help would be appreciated. And, please...use laymens terms, as I am a ditz when it comes to technology. Thanks in advance.
I'm looking for something that says you saved your setting when you exit from the CMOS setup. You did do that, didn't you?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 PM

28,631 posts, read 40,609,166 times
I think the OP is MIA. I hate when posters just go away like that...

Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,078,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I asked the question because a laptop keyboard is not quite as easy to replace as a desktop keyboard and wanted to save the OP some grief and money......

Sorry I didn't explain why I didn't go into my reasons when I asked the question, didn't think it was necessary to show people how smart I was like some other people.
I've always preferred to use a regular wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. There'll be a gadget that will synch to the computer. It's a lot easier to type and to navigate. You just have to change your batteries (either run of the mill AA or AAA, depending on what brands of keyboard and mouse you get.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
I'm having the same issue as OP, found this thread on the first google page I hope a new cmos battery fixes it. Thanks Ash for the tech knowledge....now about changing that battery...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or