U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,214 times

Advertisements

OK Guy's you're now talking to a 'new boy' as far as i-tunes/i-pods , I have a iPod classic and yes I have taken I-tunes off and re-downloaded.yet when I plug the iPod in it says sync on the ipod but NOT in i-tunes. Now then don't rush me! I dont have a drop down but it does shows on the right hand side that the iPod is plugged in , but no reference to it sync.I downloaded Rod's new Album and put Neil Diamond on,Neither show in the 'play list' on my iPod.Now I know I'm doing something wrong -----But can ANYONE help me please

GT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 AM

22,708 posts, read 17,533,735 times
Call Apple. The main reason I buy their products is because you get a knowledgeable tech on the phone within a minute or 2 who will hold your hand through everything and stay on with you for however long it takes.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
When I plug it into my computer, it'll say it's syncing on my iPod screen but not my iTunes. I can't transfer any new music to my iPod. When I go into the 'file' tab, 'sync iPod' is grayed out so I can't click on it to do it manually. Any idea what the problem might be? Thank you!

Lucy
Once you plug in your ipod click on your iPod in the top right.
from there scroll down to options and once you see Manually "Manage Music and Videos" tick that then click sync in the bottom right.
To manually add music just select the songs and drag them over to your device. I'm assuming you have the newest version of iTunes so it may be easier to go View > Show Sidebar then it will look more like the old version and easy to manage!
[url]http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-transfer-music-from-computer-to-ipod.html[/url]

I Hope this helped

Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 AM

1,420 posts, read 2,680,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Call Apple. The main reason I buy their products is because you get a knowledgeable tech on the phone within a minute or 2 who will hold your hand through everything and stay on with you for however long it takes.

Buy something other than Apple.

Every other MP3 player in the world is a mass storage device that has a music player connected to it.
Not ipods.

Every other MP3 player in the world plugs into any other computer and data (music files) can be read and written with no sync hassles.
Not ipods.

Every other music player in the world plays WMA.
Not ipods.

But every other music player in the world doesn't have the snazzy marketing brainwashing consumers to thinking apple is superior in some way.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,324,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
Buy something other than Apple.

Every other MP3 player in the world is a mass storage device that has a music player connected to it.
Not ipods.

Every other MP3 player in the world plugs into any other computer and data (music files) can be read and written with no sync hassles.
Not ipods.

Every other music player in the world plays WMA.
Not ipods.

But every other music player in the world doesn't have the snazzy marketing brainwashing consumers to thinking apple is superior in some way.
You gave a second wind to a very old post

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-11-2013 at 03:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 1,932 times
try macforum.com if you still need assistance

Old 10-11-2013, 10:43 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,324,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimdaya View Post
try macforum.com if you still need assistance
This is a very old thread. I imagine that the OP already solved bios problem long ago.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 668 times
the new songs I added to to itunes wont sync onto my ipod classic. does anyone know how I can fix the setings or lap top so the songs will sync to my ipod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers