U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 AM

119 posts, read 451,480 times
Default Connecting my Samsung TV to computer wirelessly

I have a Samsung LN46C630 LCD television. I often connect my laptop to this TV using * HDMI cable * to browse internet, stream movies and so forth.

I have wireless high-speed network in my house. Is there a way I can connect the laptop to the Samsung TV wirelessly?

I have heard of many options including getting a Samsung/third-party dongle or adapter, using a second wireless router, etc. However most seem to focus on using Widgets or Apps for Netflix, Hulu, etc. I am less interested in those & more interested in using my LCD TV as a wireless monitor for the laptop.

Which is the best & easiest option to achieve this? Can the forum gurus please advise.

Thanks
Carol
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,256,576 times
Essentially Intel made this possible with a technology called WiDi.

But unless your laptop is supported by Intel here...: Intel® Wireless Display

Then it won't really be easy.

Newegg.com - NETGEAR PTV1000 Push2TV - TV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display – compatible ONLY with WiDi enabled laptops

The above link is what you would buy IF your laptop was supported.

There are options like running your HDMI through essentially your Wired network but I don't think that would work.

Lastly your last costly bet is this:

HDMI WIRELESS EXTENDER 30 METERS - HDMI Extenders - Over CAT5 - HDMI Distribution - Audio Video Devices

But I've never used it and it's $350.00.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM

441 posts, read 731,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroldixit View Post
I have a Samsung LN46C630 LCD television. I often connect my laptop to this TV using * HDMI cable * to browse internet, stream movies and so forth.

I have wireless high-speed network in my house. Is there a way I can connect the laptop to the Samsung TV wirelessly?

I have heard of many options including getting a Samsung/third-party dongle or adapter, using a second wireless router, etc. However most seem to focus on using Widgets or Apps for Netflix, Hulu, etc. I am less interested in those & more interested in using my LCD TV as a wireless monitor for the laptop.

Which is the best & easiest option to achieve this? Can the forum gurus please advise.

Thanks
Carol
According to Samsung.com - your TV has :
Wireless LAN Adaptor Support

At amazon.com there is :
Amazon.com: Samsung WIS09ABGN WIRELESS LINKSTICK WIS09ABGN2 USB LAN Adapter FOR SAMSUNG 2009 - 2010 & 2011 BLU-RAY PLAYERS, 2010 & 2011 SAMSUNG TVs: Electronics

I DO NOT know if that is what will work for you I have been looking to buy a Samsung for a few months now so I have seen this wireless Linkstick before Hope this will give you something to go from...

I will want to do the same thing.. if you find a solution let us know Thanks

Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 PM

2,507 posts, read 4,143,497 times
The only thing your TV can do with a network connection is play content (video, images, audio) from a DLNA server. If you want to use it as a computer monitor, with no wires between the computer and TV, you will have to go with the wireless HDMI adapter mentioned in a previous post.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 AM

312 posts, read 396,504 times
check out my post today about Serviio Console...I have a Samsung 70055LED 3d TV running Serviio console on my desktop and I stream everything to it, not sure what you are trying to do but if you are trying to get content off your PC to your smart tv Serviio Console is free and awesome. if you need help PM me

Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 AM

56 posts, read 273,177 times
You can try reading up on HP Wireless TV Connect. Overall it gets good reviews; according to one of their spokesperson, HP was suppose to have the second version come out in December 2011, but for some unknown reason its not out yet. All I know about the new version is that its a much smaller device.

There is also Asus Wicast.

As harhar pointed out earlier, there is also Intel Wireless Display. You will need a specified laptop.

I myself am debating to go either with Intel Wireless Display or either HP's TV connect.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 66,180 times
I have UN32ES6500 LED smart TV. And I don't know how connect to my desktop Gateway SX2803. I got samsung router CY-SWR1100/ZA/ And HDMI cable HDG-5MC. Tried follow the manual-no results at all. Any Advise ???
THX a lot.
Igor

Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM

19,388 posts, read 30,242,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiklid View Post
I have UN32ES6500 LED smart TV. And I don't know how connect to my desktop Gateway SX2803. I got samsung router CY-SWR1100/ZA/ And HDMI cable HDG-5MC. Tried follow the manual-no results at all. Any Advise ???
THX a lot.
Igor
Make sure your choice of "Source" on the TV is HDMI.

Make sure you have the cable installed properly. I just connected my Samsun to my desktop via HDMI, and Nothing. Then I noticed that the HDMI cable had one end marked "Source" and one end marked "Device." When I connected the "Source" end to the computer, I had picture immediately.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM

8,629 posts, read 5,364,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiklid View Post
THX a lot.
Igor

What are you trying to do?
What have you tried?
What results have you gotten?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 59,745 times
Default how to connect your laptop to your samsung tv wirelessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
check out my post today about Serviio Console...I have a Samsung 70055LED 3d TV running Serviio console on my desktop and I stream everything to it, not sure what you are trying to do but if you are trying to get content off your PC to your smart tv Serviio Console is free and awesome. if you need help PM me

I have also a SAmsung LED 3D TV and I want to use the screen for my laptop wirelessly.

You mentioned you used Serviio console? Can you help please? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers