Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 03:09 AM

119 posts, read 293,118 times

Advertisements

I have a xoom 32GB LTE 4G tablet and just recently started using the 4G connection. I was amazed at the speed of this new network!. After checking my quality home network speed against the 4G one I am convinced that this new technology is here to stay!. For a cellular network I cant believe they are capable of this but it looks like someone did something right for a change!. Look at the results of my latest speed test here-. Data charges are resonable $30.00 a month as I got a nice promo when I started the service.By paying full price for my xoom there are no contracts and I pay month to month like a pre paid phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 05:19 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Fuzz buster shows the intent to speed.
A huge screen to distract you from what you should be watching out your windscreen.

There is a time to drive, and a time to be online. They do not coincide.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Fuzz buster shows the intent to speed.
A huge screen to distract you from what you should be watching out your windscreen.

There is a time to drive, and a time to be online. They do not coincide.
With all due respect for your opinion, take a look at the photo MORE closely you will see that the tablet screen shows a Navigation map. This LARGER screen is much safer for navigation use than a typical screen on a car GPS. With the larger screen your brain can assimilate the map info MUCH FASTER than having to focus on a small GPS screen and then re focus on the road. This navigation device also shows REAL TIME traffic information. All this information helps me avoid traffic jams when traveling and as such provides me a more safer alternative rout to avoid dangerous driving conditions, And a radar detector does not mean you are a speeder!. Some people own devices like this for safety and information reasons, such as the detector alerts you to a oncoming emergency vehicle such as a police car, fire truck or ambulance long before you hear them. All these devices are hands free operated. I am a class "A" CDL semi truck driver by trade and I LIVE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITH SAFTY ON MY MIND. With more than 2 million safe, accident free and ticket free miles under my belt and hundreds of hours of safety training. Driving a 80.000 pound load safely down the road is no easy task so Most would have to admit I must know something about safety when driving!. Yes, I do surf the web with this tablet every time I am parked at a gas station or rest area As far as I can tell, I wont get in a wreck or endanger others under those conditions but please correct me if I am wrong!

Last edited by cheesecurd; 11-15-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 11-15-2011, 07:21 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Appropriately sized pics are cool, too. lol
j/k

Agree. 4G is blazing. Have you canceled your home internet yet and just signed up the the hotspot feature? Or does the tablet not have wifi hotspot?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Appropriately sized pics are cool, too. lol
j/k

Agree. 4G is blazing. Have you canceled your home internet yet and just signed up the the hotspot feature? Or does the tablet not have wifi hotspot?
No, I have not canceled my home network as I use far too many GBs to use the tablet for 100% of my needs and 4G was not made to replace home internet anyway. I can and do use my Tablet on my home WYFI and it works great and does not use any of my 4G paid GBs. These tablets were designed for mobile use, They are more like a REAL BIG screen phone. But MUCH MORE POWERFULL!

Last edited by cheesecurd; 11-15-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecurd View Post
Yes, I do surf the web with this tablet every time I am parked at a gas station or rest area As far as I can tell, I wont get in a wreck or endanger others under those conditions but please correct me if I am wrong!
You're wrong! Some can crash into your parked car. A passenger in your car could be in danger!

LOL! I'm just kidding around here.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Wait till 5G comes out, it will blow you away!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,167,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Wait till 5G comes out, it will blow you away!

Since there is no actual 4G (http://www.motherboard.tv/2011/10/11/despite-what-your-new-phone-says-there-is-no-such-thing-as-4g - broken link), you're going to be waiting a while!

/I know you were being sarcastic.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:49 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Since there is no actual 4G (http://www.motherboard.tv/2011/10/11/despite-what-your-new-phone-says-there-is-no-such-thing-as-4g - broken link), you're going to be waiting a while!

/I know you were being sarcastic.
ATT has true 4G LTE now, in select areas (like mine )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers