U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM

85 posts, read 156,408 times

Advertisements

I need to forward all the emails (500+) in Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 account that is due to expire in a few days to my gmail account.

However, the rules tab in MOWA 2003 only has options for setting up rules forwarding incoming emails, while I need to forward all existing emails - any advice?

Last edited by skippy upwood; 12-21-2011 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 AM

23,379 posts, read 17,800,816 times
I know in Oultook Express and Windows Live Email they can be applied retroactively. I'm not familiar with the application you are using.

One thing I will say is Gmail may flag your account if it gets 500 emails at once and bounce them, they are commonly used by spammers.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:05 AM

2,494 posts, read 2,494,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I know in Oultook Express and Windows Live Email they can be applied retroactively. I'm not familiar with the application you are using.

One thing I will say is Gmail may flag your account if it gets 500 emails at once and bounce them, they are commonly used by spammers.
Good point(s)

I'm not sure about the web version of Outlook, but in the full version you can run an inbound rule once it's been created.

You could create a new folder for messages that have been sent to the new address, and then create a rule that forwards email, and then moves it to that folder.

That would keep you from having to forward everything at once.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM

14,463 posts, read 10,367,103 times
Do you have (or can you get) POP3 or IMAP access to your Outlook account? If so, just set up a desktop mail app with both accounts, and move your mail from one account to the other.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:49 PM

2,585 posts, read 4,382,755 times
If you're using Outlook Web Access, that means you're talking to an MS Exchange server to get your email. As the previous post states, talk to the administrator of that Exchange server, and see if you can use some other client to talk to the Exchange server. For instance, using MS Outlook (the one that comes in MS Office) you could easily create a rule that just took every email (which includes the ones you've already received) and forwards it to another address. You could also download them off the server with Outlook, or an IMAP or POP3 client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers