U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 12:24 AM

15,259 posts, read 20,201,497 times

Advertisements

This afternoon I got three emails from my email provider, advising that I had set up three additional email addresses. I've seen spoof emails and I knew these werent spoofs. They had my name and account number. So i called my email provider and got them to delete the email addresses. They checked and advised that I must have set up those email addresses from my computer.

I live alone and no one could have accessed my computer, unless it was done remotely. That gave me the idea to run Kaspersky (although I had just run it a few hours prior). It found a "trojan-dropper.win.32.daws.jju" and deleted it. It reported that Malwarebytes had also found and deleted the same Trojan an hour earlier.

My question is this: Is it possible for someone who's very computer-savvy to drop a Trojan on a specific computer, if he has that computer's IP address? I never, ever click on links in emails and cant imagine how I'd have gotten this Trojan -- except that someone who runs a website is very upset with me because I complained about some content.

I'm also curious about this particular Trojan. I tried to check it out on the internet but couldnt find any specific info on it. But I'm not asking about that. I'm just wondering if this computer guy could have targeted my computer in retaliation.

Thanks so much for any answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers