U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,441,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I think where I am getting stuck is when it wants to know my e-mail address. Do I give it my old one? Is there something xxxx@thunderbird.com? I have yahoo going in through outlook right now, but I have 4 e-mail accounts. I would like to see all of them in Thunderbird.

Grateful for any help.....
In addition to what Claire said, which is great info. (link), I'll add that in Thunderbird, if you click Tools > Account Settings, you'll see all the different e-mail accounts. I have multiple e-mail accounts myself and all are listed there.

Talk about odd timing - while in the middle of typing this post, I just got a prompt from Firefox that a patch is available.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 AM
jco

2,120 posts, read 5,995,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Isn't that CutePdf Writer? Very nice program!
Thanks
Oops. lol. Good catch!

Old 10-21-2007, 12:33 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,405,209 times
Besides the ones already mentioned...

MoveOnBoot it gets rid of files you can't get rid of normally, like that danged thumbs.db that windows likes to add to EVERY picture folder you have and won't let you delete.
CROA (http://davidcrowell.com/archive/2007/03/11/Croa.aspx - broken link) (Clear Read Only Attributes) To reset the read only files that windows has a bad habit of setting as read only.
Pixie
Quote:
is an easy-to-use, fast and tiny utility designed especially to fit the needs of Webmasters and Designers. Its a colour picker that includes a mouse tracker. Run it, simply point to a colour and it will tell you the hex, RGB, HTML, CMYK and HSV values of that colour. You can then use these values to reproduce the selected colour in your favorite programs. Pixie will also show the current x y position of your mouse pointer. Its the only tool you'll need for working with colours.
Colorbox (http://www.kobayashi.com/colorbox.html - broken link)
Quote:
Colorbox is a simple program that lets you generate HTML <BODY> tags using sliders or the Windows color dialog. Once you've selected your colors, simply click on the Copy button to copy the <BODY> tag to the Windows clipboard.
Tweak UI I love the autologon feature.
NVU
Quote:
A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop, Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.
Everest
Quote:
EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. It offers the world's most accurate system information and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information.
Don't know how long EVEREST will remain available. I've had a copy of this on my hard drive for 3 years now. Since just before they discontinued support.

There's more but that's all I can think of right off hand. Liz

Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,812,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
I have found loads of great things on this site:

Freeware World Team - FWT (http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php - broken link) I can recommend the 3-D Solar System,it's amazing
I went to that site, did a search for 3-D solar system, and when I clicked on the link for what I thought was a download, my computer was attacked. Watch out! I'm not going back there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or