U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,657,958 times

Advertisements

HP assigns dedicated tech support for Elite PCs

Quote:
Hewlett-Packard has expanded technology support options for its premium Elite PC customers, who will now be able to select a single tech support person to deal with over the life of a PC, the company said on Wednesday.

Under the new support plan, customers can get a single number and single point of contact for quick PC support. Business customers can schedule support calls at the time of their choice.
HP assigns dedicated tech support for Elite PCs | ITworld
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM

1,444 posts, read 2,573,389 times
What happens when that assigned person quits?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,404,104 times
This article has a very limited amount of information.

What will the SLA be?
What will the ratio of techs/users be?
Are the techs Tier 1, 2 or 3?
What does this service cost?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM

8,686 posts, read 9,463,043 times
What part of India is the Tech from?

Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
What part of India is the Tech from?
Another good question!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Excellent questions guys, why don't you call HP or research their web site to get the additional information and post it back here?

That's what normal people would do when they have questions that an article doesn't answer and want to be helpful to all the other readers in the forum...

I guess you people after reading a tech manual and can't find the answer just close the book and sit there with dumb expressions on your faces, clueless as to what to do next...

Or do ya'll feel that by asking questions they make one appear smarter to everyone else?

Last edited by plwhit; 02-16-2012 at 04:47 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,725,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Excellent questions guys, why don't you call HP or research their web site to get the additional information and post it back here?

That's what normal people would do when they have questions that an article doesn't answer and want to helpful to all the other readers in the forum...

I guess you people after reading a tech manual and can't find the answer just close the book and sit there with dumb expressions on your faces, clueless as to what to do next...

Or do ya'll feel that by asking questions they make one appear smarter to everyone else?
Or instead of posting a snarky reply, you could have sat back, enjoyed the harmless joking and taken a minute to find out the info and post it here.

Like this: http://www.hp.com/united-states/camp...upport_FAQ.pdf

According to this, it's a US based call center for North American customers only. So instead of talking to someone in India, you'll be talking to a prisoner in a job training program or a cubical monkey working at Stream.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Or instead of posting a snarky reply, you could have sat back, enjoyed the harmless joking and taken a minute to find out the info and post it here.
Why should I take my time to research what other people have questions on?

If they are too ignorant to do the research on their own they should post something and ask someone for assistance with that incredibly complex search tool called Google.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:

If they are too ignorant to do the research on their own they should post something and ask someone for assistance with that incredibly complex search tool called Google.
Gee, people actually are having a discussion about something you posted on a DISCUSSION board. Whoda thunk it?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,725,261 times
Quote:
So you can answer their question correctly I suppose.

Quote:
Isn't that the whole point of asking questions on this board, to get help and have your questions answered? It wouldn't be much of a forum if people didn't. Personally I don't mind doing a little digging to find answers to things I don't know off the top of my head. I learn something new and help out someone who took the time to ask. Call me crazy, but I enjoy that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers