U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 AM

11,715 posts, read 36,348,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
100% agree, Apple will float along for another decade or so but the unique products, the quality, the inventiveness, the forward thinking is gone.

It will always have a cult crowd which will shrink with each passing year.

Their successes will diminish as their duds start to increase....
They'll milk things with tiny improvements as long as possible but look progressively more dated over time. Its sort of how the screen on an iPhone looks tiny compared to my Nexus. 5 years from now, they'll still claim that 3.5" is the only acceptable smart phone screen size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 AM

16,726 posts, read 29,333,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
They'll milk things with tiny improvements as long as possible but look progressively more dated over time. Its sort of how the screen on an iPhone looks tiny compared to my Nexus. 5 years from now, they'll still claim that 3.5" is the only acceptable smart phone screen size.
Suuure. Just like Bill gates saying in 2005 that the iPod was a fad that would not last? Meanwhile the App Store is about to hit 25-billion downloads:
http://www.apple.com/

But who knows? Maybe you are right. Nobody can tell the future, so maybe I should see it as a 50/50 chance that Apple will go down the drain.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,378,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Not sure I agree there. When I bought a new phone I couldn't decide between the htc sensation (4.3") or desire s (3.7".) The sensation just felt too big in my hand but the desire s was just the right size, it just happens to be the same size as the iPhone. Maybe i've got small hands, but anything over 3.7" is unergonomic. The iPhone 4/4s' display quality is by far the best as well.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM

26,345 posts, read 83,940,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I just don't get it. Why should Apple do anything differently?
Apple may be $3 trillion company by 2022 - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/news/hardware/Apple-may-be-3-trillion-company-by-2022/articleshow/12033601.cms - broken link)

Go to Crutchfield, B&H, or any electronics store around the US, and look at the specifications of home and automobile audio and video components, and notice that iPod and iPhone compatibility is first on the list. Apple's primary customer has been the young, and there is exactly where the most brilliant minds are in relation to marketing into the future.

The new iPod: you can use it to stream music, video, photos, and so forth, to the TV anywhere in the house via Wi-Fi, you can use it to text, to take photos on the go, as a video or audio recorder, you can print documents and things from it, or even to make a phone call via the Internet.
I agree with you. If I was apple I'd continue doing whatever it is doing to keep that stock price up there. It is working. I as a user just don't like a lot of their products.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM

11,715 posts, read 36,348,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Not sure I agree there. When I bought a new phone I couldn't decide between the htc sensation (4.3") or desire s (3.7".) The sensation just felt too big in my hand but the desire s was just the right size, it just happens to be the same size as the iPhone. Maybe i've got small hands, but anything over 3.7" is unergonomic. The iPhone 4/4s' display quality is by far the best as well.
I went from a Droid (3.5") to the Nexus which is 4.6" but removes the physical buttons on the bottom so its more like a 4.3". The Nexus felt really big for about a minute. Now I look at my Droid and the screen looks like a kid's toy in comparison. I can actually thumb type in portrait orientation pretty accurately on the Nexus which I've never been able to do on the iPhone or Droid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or