U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,335,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Thank you for replying.

I am just not understanding why the docking station is not allowing me to access my wireless internet. When removed from the docking station, I can connect easily. Also, if the network cable is connected to back of station, I can connect easily as well.

Should I get a new docking station?

Thanks,
Could it be that when you dock it, the NIC on the docking station is taking precedence? It should stop the wireless connections but who knows, I have seen them behave bizarre like this.

Wi-Fi is not my forte but as a side suggestion, you could check on this to see if it helped:
1. STAR > Run > ncpa.cpl > OK
2. Click Advanced in the menu bar then select Advanced Settings...
3. Check the Connections order and move the one you want to use to the top of the list so it has precedence over others:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,143,729 times
Thanks for all the help,

I can browse the internet while laptop is mounted to the docking station. That problem was never a problem I found out today.

The problem is when I am using a dual screen with the laptop that connected to the back of the docking station, the wireless connection disconnects. If the laptop is connected with outthe dual screen connection option selected, internet works fine.

See picture below.

If select Digital Display, which allows the dual screen to show my computer screen and not the latop screen, the internet does not work. And connected to docking station

If select Bulit-in Display, which allows me to work using the latop screen only, and not the dual screen, the internet works fine with no problem at all connects to the network.

Any solutions please?? Thank you alot.
Attached Thumbnails
No Wireless Connection On Docking Station-no-internet-access.png  

Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM

19,585 posts, read 22,844,511 times
Something screwy happened so this is my weird post.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the help,

I can browse the internet while laptop is mounted to the docking station. That problem was never a problem I found out today.

The problem is when I am using a dual screen with the laptop that connected to the back of the docking station, the wireless connection disconnects. If the laptop is connected with outthe dual screen connection option selected, internet works fine.

See picture below.

If select Digital Display, which allows the dual screen to show my computer screen and not the latop screen, the internet does not work. And connected to docking station

If select Bulit-in Display, which allows me to work using the latop screen only, and not the dual screen, the internet works fine with no problem at all connects to the network.

One more thing to add.

If the network cable is attached to docking station, I can access the internet with no problem at all on the dual screen. The problem is only when trying to connect to the wireless network wit the dual screen active.

Thanks,

Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM

19,585 posts, read 22,844,511 times
Using the information given earlier look at your Internet connections when wireless isn't working and see what the system says about it.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM

11,118 posts, read 9,312,638 times
This port replicator will create conflicts since it is old technology (has PS/2s, Parallel port, Serial port, Analog DVI, No HDMI) being used on current technology. If the USB functions I would suggest to buy an external USB wifi connector and set it up through the replicator and see if it works.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 03-12-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the help,

See picture below.

Again, this is not a problem caused by the monitor but where the related monitor is connected to, meaning when you select the dual monitor configuration, the docking station ports are active, including the network ports so the Wi-Fi adapter on the laptop being disabled or becoming secondary somehow. When you choose the laptop screen, the docking station ports might either be ignored or at least the NIC on the laptop is deactivated hence Wi-Fi adapter on the laptop start working or the network device precedence is changing.

Either way, good luck.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Problem is fixed.

I adjusted the resolution of the dual screen and the wireless connection work instantly with no problems.

Maybe mixed signals or something. I don't know, but it works now very smoothly.

Just adjust your screen resolution on the dual screen for anyone having the same problem.

Thank you all for the help.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:56 PM

I am glad you got it sorted out but the resolution made no sense to me because one has nothing to do with the other!

Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,503 times
Hey I have this problem. I wish the solution was magic dust. I have two monitors and same docking station. I have been struggling with this for a few months. I don't want to use the laptop screen. It appears from what I read that is the solution so what is the point of a docking station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers