U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 PM

28,643 posts, read 40,622,302 times

Advertisements

Moving to Office 2007?

This will help.

Learn where menu and toolbar commands are in Office 2010 and related products - Outlook - Office.com

Scroll down and click on a guide, then wait. Place the cursor over a command (You can use the menus) and a box will open telling you where to find the same command in the 2010 version.

BTW, did you have all your Word associations, etc backed up? Is associations the right word? It's been awhile since I helped someone move all their settings from one version to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:53 PM

915 posts, read 4,012,002 times
Yes, my files were backed up.

How 'bout that. I found the very same site that you provided in your link -- around 6:30 p.m. or so. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 AM

11,849 posts, read 13,976,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Seems like I looked for months before I found the "Show Desktop" button.
I'm such a nerd I knew where it was before I installed Win7 the first time.
(watching review videos)

Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 AM

11,749 posts, read 11,317,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'm such a nerd I knew where it was before I installed Win7 the first time.
(watching review videos)
You should be proud of your "geekatude!" I know I am.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,442,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
My, my, lots of opinions. I thank you all for trying to help. Please don't fight anymore. Oh by the way, I'm a girl. One poster referred to me as a "he."

I almost hate to say this, but there I was minding my own business, after ordering my memory sticks this past Sunday evening, when I hear a whiiiiiiiine and then nothing. My computer just stopped and started flashing an amber light on the power switch. Oh, no. I turned more tricks than a prostitute trying to get it to boot up, but no. My baby gave up the ghost. More importantly, there went my precious Windows XP!!!!!! So, I had to get a new system (found the invoice for my Dell, and I had purchased it in December 2004--so it lasted for a while). Pooh, pooh, pooh. Well, at least this time, I didn't have to buy an expensive system to last for a long time. I only have about two or three more years before I switch out of transcription work. And, at least this happened before I started with a potential new client who had approached me on March 9th.

Man, what a learning curve for Windows 7 and Word 2010. It's soooo different. Some of the short cut keys don't work in Word 2010, so many more options and icons eating up the display area. What happened to Add/Remove programs? Pin to taskbar?--the area is not that big. No more desktop button? Thank goodness, I can Google "install/uninstall programs Windows 7" and find out how to do stuff. I hope there's a list of short cut keys for Windows 7 on the Internet. In time, I will learn how to change the system to what I need--a tool, not a toy.

So, again, I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help!! I was all set to work on the memory issues and had written down all the BIOS info, but it just didn't roll that way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, that is the BEST statement!
Will add that to my list things to say to the IT department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers