U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:05 PM

3,098 posts, read 8,403,817 times

Advertisements

Corel® WordPerfect® Lightning™ is the free version of the renown Word Perfect.

Quote:
Welcome to a new way of doing things.

Corel® WordPerfect® Lightning™ is free software that makes it easier than ever to capture, use, and reuse ideas, information and images.

It helps you perform your most common tasks simpler and faster!

Find out what ‘Navigator', ‘Notes', 'Connector', and ‘Viewer' will do for you. Start your Lightning experience!
Word Perfect was the software I learned word processing on YEARS ago. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
857 posts, read 2,686,889 times
Remember Word Star? Think I had that with DOS 1.0 lol - I had a friend send me a document last week and I had no default app for it so I called and he said word perfect and I was like huh - Word opened it fine...

Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,009,835 times
I'd rather go for OpenOffice/Start Office insted.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 PM

3,098 posts, read 8,403,817 times
I'm giving people all options. Esp FREE ones. Liz

Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 PM

159 posts, read 326,181 times
Question Free during the beta testing, but what about after that

According to their web site this is free during the public beta, but it doesn't make any promises about once the software comes out of beta.

I have seen quite a few companies do this in the past and as soon as they come out of the beta testing phase they start charging for the software.

I agree with ColoWeb, I would stick with OpenOffice which is a complete office program rather than a stripped down text editor.

IMO Corel is just trying to hook people with this software and then get you to buy their WordPerfect Office suite once you realize how limited the Lightening software really is.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:23 PM

3,450 posts, read 3,720,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
Corel® WordPerfect® Lightning™ is the free version of the renown Word Perfect.

Word Perfect was the software I learned word processing on YEARS ago. Liz
It's not a free version of Word Perfect, it's a collaboration\organizational utility much like Microsoft Sharepoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or