Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,713,995 times

Advertisements

Sorry- I meant to say I tried everything in your post and everything was connected, enabled, check, etc. that you suggested I do.

I signed on my laptop this morning it acted like it wasn't signed on.
So once again I deleted the wireless network from my computer and then connected again using an incorrect password, then tried it again using a correct password and it connected. It's odd.

It looks like that's what I'll have to be doing every time I want to use my laptop's internet. At least it's working again *knock on wood*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:29 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,487,419 times
How old is your router? Brand, model?

A weird test if you can. Is there a wireless close enough to connect to other than your own? I know it's tough to find one that's not protected, but if there is one make it your default before you shut down tonight and see if your laptop connects to the Internet through it tomorrow without you jumping through those hoops.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,855,551 times
Have you paid your bill?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
@Negativenancy, My acer, windows 7 laptop is doin the exact same thing. I've tried everything you've listed, no success so far. What's funny is when me and my roomates first got connected(they don't have a laptop or pc, they watch movies on a blu-ray/youtube) my laptop was fine for about a week or so and one night out of the blue I started to experience the same problems you were.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 AM

8,226 posts, read 13,304,738 times
Negative Nancy, if all else fails, I think you need to try what I suggested in post #10 which would be the next logical thing to try. I tend to think this could be a profile issue since you seem to have the NIC drivers/adapters installed and configured correctly. Create a brand new Windows user profile, log in with that account and see if it worked.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,358 times
I have a Hp lap top that im trying to connect to my friends router it saids im connected but when i try to log in it saids im not connected so confused !!!!!! i have rebooted the router that didnt work Help or if u know anything to tell me … send me a PM… Thanks Mary

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 01-17-2013 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: remove phone number

Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary L Noll View Post
I have a Hp lap top that im trying to connect to my friends router it saids im connected but when i try to log in it saids im not connected so confused !!!!!! i have rebooted the router that didnt work Help or if u know anything to tell me …send me a PM… Thanks Mary

Mary, oh Mary!

It really is NOT wise to share your e-mail address or phone number on a public forum!

Please try the suggested fixes by everyone before asking for help. If you have already tried certain things, please do share with everyone so they can advice you accordingly.
Thanks.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 01-17-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,228 times
well hello every one my DSL and modem are connected to my win8 laptop and it says unidentified network.But guess what when i put it in my winxp computer it works perfectly. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM

MIKE, please start a new thread for your issue instead of piggybacking onto an existing one.
Also choose a catchy title that accurately describes your problem like "Connection problem on a Windows 8 laptop", etc.

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,043 times
In your router, check if you are using MAC address lists to allow or disallow access to your system. If you are, then verify that the MAC address of your laptop, tablet, or any other device is added to the list of allowed devices within your routers settings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers