U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:22 AM

502 posts, read 2,161,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
We used to have Odyssey!!! You had to place the game screen onto the TV screen, used to love playing Haunted House
Cool! Whenever I talk about Odyssey, people look at me like I'm crazy. I guess not too many people had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 AM

2,098 posts, read 5,909,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Cool! Whenever I talk about Odyssey, people look at me like I'm crazy. I guess not too many people had it.
My best friend had Odyssey but I personally never played it because it broke about 2 days after she got it and no one knew how to fix it (and back then we were all too poor to send things "out" to get fixed). That big box sat in her room for about 2 years before her mom chucked it.

Then we moved on to Atari and then some Collecovision.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
My best friend had Odyssey but I personally never played it because it broke about 2 days after she got it and no one knew how to fix it (and back then we were all too poor to send things "out" to get fixed). That big box sat in her room for about 2 years before her mom chucked it.

Then we moved on to Atari and then some Collecovision.
That sucks!! You guys were deprived of the joy only Odyssey could bring.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,161,791 times
I had the spectrum 128k+ I beleive its biggest competition at that time was the commodore 64. They both had the tape drive bult into them. Nothing like typing Load: <filename> and watching the tv screen make crazy lines.

Those were sure some good times though!

Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 AM

2,098 posts, read 5,909,716 times
Quote:
That sucks!! You guys were deprived of the joy only Odyssey could bring.

Yeah, I've been in therapy for it, but I still feel so empty.....

Old 09-26-2006, 11:37 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,395,201 times
I am sitting at my first computer. I bought it in March of this year. Of course, I got my first cell phone this year as well. I resisted joining the technology age as long as I could.

My husband gets mad because his first computer is displayed at the Aiken County Historical Museum.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 PM

4,689 posts, read 15,972,246 times
Quote:
Don't worry I get that look too from some of the younger ones at work when I talk about partylines, rotary dial phones, 8 track... well you get the picture

My dad was an appliance salesman so we were lucky to have the new "in" products. I had a Walkman before most even knew what they were, our first microwave was called a Radarange by Amana, had three buttons; start, stop and light.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Don't worry I get that look too from some of the younger ones at work when I talk about partylines, rotary dial phones, 8 track... well you get the picture

My dad was an appliance salesman so we were lucky to have the new "in" products. I had a Walkman before most even knew what they were, our first microwave was called a Radarange by Amana, had three buttons; start, stop and light.
Your family sounds like the family in the Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.

moderator cut (broken link)

Old 09-26-2006, 09:42 PM

4,689 posts, read 15,972,246 times
Quote:
Your family sounds like the family in the Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.

moderator cut (broken link)
It said the page was currently not available

Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 PM

Cleo, Google Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and it should come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or