U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,491 times

Advertisements

I have a home made computer with intel inside pentium prosessor 4 30gb Cdrive but with only 10gb free and i have unistalled all my computer games. I have just brought a game called just cause and it is massive. i will click new game then it will load for a second then freeze then say no signal. it has happend before with other games and thing but when we toook the photo off our desktop it nearly stopped. we have a h750 plasma screen so we are sure that its not the screen. this same thing also happend with the sims 2.

when the just cause is installed there is only 5% of the Cdrive free what should i do.

WE may just get a new computer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 11:39 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,028,517 times
Sounds like a memory problem.

What kind of video card do you have? Today's games require exorbitant amount of RAM and very powerful graphics cards.

How much RAM do you have in the system?

Plus, tell me what you have your swap file set at. The swap file is called "Virtual Memory", and - presuming you are running Windows XP - you can find that information by going to your Control Panel, click on "System", select the "Advanced" tab, and then click the "Settings" button in the "Performance" box, and then again click the "Advanced" tab. You'll see your Virtual Memory setting toward the bottom of that box, and should be set to at least 1.5 times the amount of RAM you have installed.

It's possible you may need to seriously increase the amount of RAM on your computer.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,723,169 times
It sounds like your vid card can't handle the game. According to the game specs, your need at least 256MB of RAM on your video card alone. If your card has enough RAM, it could be your vid card drivers. Check the Just Cause site for any patches or updates for your brand of video card.
Right click your desktop, then choose Properties, Settings tab, then click the Advanced button. It will tell you what video card you have and how much RAM is on it.

You'll want at least 1GB of system RAM too as well as a larger hard drive.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,405,209 times
According to what I found, that game uses has a Memory Usage = 429KB Minimum. So we are talking HIGH end memory and graphics card here. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or