Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,723,495 times

Advertisements

I know that this is a rookie mistake.

Now I can't log back into the computer. I am in the process of downloading ophcrack to see if I can reset the admin password on the computer.

I will let everyone know if it works for me.

If you have any tips, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM

2,298 posts, read 3,105,774 times
Google recover admin password - you should find a Linux boot cd to reset adminn password. download and burn as ISO.
Boot with CD and follow instructions.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,113,661 times
You don't need to get involved with Linux.....

Windows Password Recovery Bootdisk

Windows Password Recovery Bootdisk - CNET Download.com

Quote:
Windows Password Recovery Bootdisk extends a helping hand when you lost your logon password. It allows easily remove password for any Windows user or restores LM and NTLM password hashes. In three simple steps, you will be able to recover your logon password and continue working as usual. It fits for both SATA/SCSI and IDE hard drives with FAT or NTFS file system and supports Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7. Windows Password Recovery Bootdisk makes logon password recovery downright simple. First, the utility needs to create a special record on a removable device to turn it into a boot disk. The program allows choosing from USB flash disk or CD. You can create the boot disk in any version of Microsoft Windows. Then, boot from the created bootable disk and it will offer you to remove password for Windows users or restore password hashes and save them to the boot disk.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,723,495 times
As it turns out, I did create a local user account. I just forgot that I did. Once I booted with the ophcrack CD, I saw the user names, and recognized one of them (besides Administrator). I restarted, and was able to log in with the password that I guessed went with that username.

Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers