U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,159,437 times

Advertisements

It may just be coincidence (I doubt it) but every since I installed Avast Pro anti-virus, I have not been able to connect to the internet (other than locally) until I stop the Shields!?

I have no idea and am not even sure if I need to run these 'shields'?

There is an option to disable the shields permanently and I am pretty close to doing just that!

I Have to assume that it's the shields because I can start the pc .. wait 30-40 minuets and have only a local connection .. until I disable the shields and then .. almost instant internet!

One more thing .. It appears that Avast is also responsible for changing the color of my task/launch bar and I can't change it back!?

It has always been black and now it's a washed out grayish color!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 PM

8,874 posts, read 13,812,881 times
I don't have any insight. But I do also have Avast, recently installed on my Windows 7. My PC has been doing some strange things that I attributed to Windows 7 but now you've got me wondering about the Avast. My task bar has been one of my issues (not color, moving) but I seem to have solved that. Also windows that disappear, I don't mean hidden, I mean POOF, GONE FOREVER, when I'm in the middle of typing a sentence. You didn't mention what you are running. When I talk to the guy who convinced me to use Avast, I'll ask him what he knows about this. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,159,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't have any insight. But I do also have Avast, recently installed on my Windows 7. My PC has been doing some strange things that I attributed to Windows 7 but now you've got me wondering about the Avast. My task bar has been one of my issues (not color, moving) but I seem to have solved that. Also windows that disappear, I don't mean hidden, I mean POOF, GONE FOREVER, when I'm in the middle of typing a sentence. You didn't mention what you are running. When I talk to the guy who convinced me to use Avast, I'll ask him what he knows about this. Good luck.
I am running Vista Home Premium 64BIT.

I can almost assure you that .. at least some of your problems are coming from Avast 'IF' they started after you installed it! (Avast)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers