Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,179 times

Advertisements

I'm toast... I started my i7 2600K computer to main hd, and took a nap. Then while napping I heard the computer reboot. Then it kept on rebooting to my 830 SSD. Well, after 6 attempts of failed startup repair on the main hd, I videotaped the bootup, - because it gives a bluescreen code and then reboots. The videotaped bluescreen says a known dll was corrupted. My failed startup repair logs say Wiindows went through an unauthorized change. I can't do any system restore points or image restore because I have none...

So how do I somehow get back booted in? I need to get back in because I have many game saves not backed up and my Chrome Tabs haven't been backed up.

Well, I had been infected by dll that infected my browser but Eset Nod32 V4 couldn't get rid of it. I was using it for 3 months with this infection. I couldn't afford just to buy another antivirus just to get rid of the infection.

It's probably time for a reformat, but I can't do that yet. I have 1 TB of Steam Games and I haven't backed them up. It would be a big hassle to re-download that. So I need to get booted in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Have you tried booting to safe mode?
Running a PC when you know you're infected isn't generally a good idea as you found out, and it likely could have been cleaned with any number of free programs.

I would suggest downloading one of the many bootable virus scanners which will allow you to do a full scan and might clean up the mess.

Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

Make sure you're hardwired to your LAN and do an update before you run it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers