U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 PM

343 posts, read 345,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Are you using Outlook.com in your browser (Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or Chrome), or Outlook the program that is installed on your computer as part of Microsoft Office?
Using in Internet Explorer (I do not have Microsoft Office)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM

9,198 posts, read 22,170,838 times
You can also do it through Control Panel -> Mail

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,682,491 times
I believe you are on Outlook.com, so here goes:

In the top right, there is an icon and the word Outlook next to it. To the right of that is a little down arrow (Between "Outlook", and the big plus next to "New")

If you click that arrow it will drop down a set of pictures, and you can select the "People" icon, and then use the New option to create a new contact.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:41 AM

28,638 posts, read 40,617,860 times
This thread is a prime example of why posters should give as much information as possible in their original post.

Knowing that the OP was using outlook.com probably would have shortened this thread to two or three posts at most...

Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
I believe you are on Outlook.com, so here goes:

In the top right, there is an icon and the word Outlook next to it. To the right of that is a little down arrow (Between "Outlook", and the big plus next to "New")

If you click that arrow it will drop down a set of pictures, and you can select the "People" icon, and then use the New option to create a new contact.
Sorry I get everyone confused... I need to create a new e-mail address (e-mail address account) for myself. By going to People icon I can add a new contact (a person, a friend), but not a new e-mail address account for myself.....

Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
This thread is a prime example of why posters should give as much information as possible in their original post.

Knowing that the OP was using outlook.com probably would have shortened this thread to two or three posts at most...
lol.... I mentioned Outlook in my Title and my original post. I never went to Outlook.com; it takes me there through typing Hotmail in a search field.... Microsoft makes everything so complicated

Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,782,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Sorry I get everyone confused... I need to create a new e-mail address (e-mail address account) for myself. By going to People icon I can add a new contact (a person, a friend), but not a new e-mail address account for myself.....

You want an entirely new email account for yourself, right? -- i.e. aquamarin@outlook.com. If you go to outlook.com, isn't there a "Sign up Now" link?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM

3,545 posts, read 5,682,491 times
Quote:
lol.... I mentioned Outlook in my Title and my original post. I never went to Outlook.com; it takes me there through typing Hotmail in a search field.... Microsoft makes everything so complicated
This is really an issue with MS constantly renaming things. Outlook has been the name of the desktop email client that comes with Office for nearly 20 years, then they renamed Hotmail to Outlook just to confuse everyone.

I don't use Outlook / Hotmail, but I'm not sure that you can have multiple email accounts under one login. You'll probably have to log out of hotmail, then go back to the main page and create a new account. You'll then have to log into whichever account you wish to use.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM

Hotmail is Outlook? MS is a den of idiots.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that's confused...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or