U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:20 PM

19 posts, read 23,335 times

Advertisements

have new pc windows 8 and hate it. got into windows live and hate that also. Now on Comcast email and not thrilled. any suggestions for an easy well managed email program? I have several emails and in windows live and Comcast I have to sign in to each email to check new mail. I used to have incredimail and liked it but not recognized on some programs. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Please start your own thread. We're having enough trouble trying to help the OP in this without you adding more to it.

Hijacking a thread is considered to be very rude and I sure won't help you.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM

343 posts, read 344,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Let's start from the beginning.
What is it that you are trying to do? What is it that you don't have that you are trying to get?
ok...from the beginning..
I am trying to get one more e-mail address for myself. My current e-mail address is Outlook ( previously MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail and Hotmail) and I want another one.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
ok...from the beginning..
I am trying to get one more e-mail address for myself. My current e-mail address is Outlook ( previously MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail and Hotmail) and I want another one.

Perfect, go to outlook.com (or gmail.com or yahoo.com if you want an email account with them) and look for the "Sign Up Now" link.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Somehow I ended up in my Microsoft Account and that was a right place. They call it "account aliases" and I was able to add one more "account alias" ( new e-mail address).
Thank you all for your help!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Success!!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM

Need help again...... Trying to log in into my Microsoft account but it displays is a blank page...The same with Outlook.com. What's going on?

Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM

6,385 posts, read 10,845,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Need help again...... Trying to log in into my Microsoft account but it displays is a blank page...The same with Outlook.com. What's going on?
I knew you would be back!

On a more serious note, at what point are you getting the blank page please?
Do tell step by step exactly what you are doing to see if someone can catch a possible wrongdoing or possible cause.

For example, you are trying to open the page from a shortcut or favorite and it was created after you were logged in. Then you logged out, so now, when you click on the same favorite/bookmark/shortcut it takes you to a blank page or a page with error, etc.

Try this:
1. Open browser
2. In the address bar, type: www.outlook.com
3. Are the login name and password fields empty? If so, go ahead and login
4. Let us know if that worked or not

You might have to empty out your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, previously saved static site data could create issues when you visit the same page that is now updated.

You can do this by launching the browser (don't visit any site), hold CTRL+SHIFT and then press DEL

Alternatively, you could try another browser to see if that worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or