Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:04 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,236,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hazel,

You probably have Command Bar disabled. To Enable it:

Right Click in the toolbar at the top of the Internet Explorer page, in the open space.
You should get a drop down box that shows you several toolbars.

Menu Bar
Favorites Bar
Command Bar
Status Bar
And any other toolbars you may have loaded, like Ask, etc.

Make sure you have a check mark in front of Command Bar, and IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE FAVORITES BAR CHECKED, you will see the Command Bar appear in the right side of the Toolbar, just like the thumbnail I posted.
If you do NOT have the Favorites Bar checked when you check the Command Bar, you should see the Command Bar on the left side.
You might fool around and check and uncheck and recheck ALL the toolbars in the drop down to familiarize yourself with them and their locations.

Here, one of the other guys may be more help, as either I am vague, or cannot explain well...
Your "red X" would indicate a Browser Tab, I think, and that Tab would be open in a Browser Window, where you can have many open tabs.
Then, closing the Window, i.e., closing ALL tabs would be your exit that would delete your temp files, etc.
Ah, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
This will only delete those items for IE, so if the OP is using any other browser, it won't help them.
Right. I have two browsers. Have to do it for each of those. Thanks

Old 10-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Well, well! I quote from eHow.com:

Click "Toolbars" to see a list of all toolbars you can add to the task bar in Windows 7. The toolbars are listed in this window depends largely on who manufactured your computer as well as what software you have installed on it.

I knew it! You'd be surprised at what isn't there. :-(

Read more: How to Add a Toolbar in Windows 7 | eHow

Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 18 days ago)

43,163 posts, read 76,770,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Well, well! I quote from eHow.com:

Click "Toolbars" to see a list of all toolbars you can add to the task bar in Windows 7. The toolbars are listed in this window depends largely on who manufactured your computer as well as what software you have installed on it.

I knew it! You'd be surprised at what isn't there. :-(

Read more: How to Add a Toolbar in Windows 7 | eHow
Hazel,

I have Dell machines.
The toolbars I mention are what came with it. I have only added a LastPass toolbar, which is a password management program.

Excessive unnecessary toolbars are often the bane of good computing maintenance.
What toolbars do you have and what toolbars do you feel you lack?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hazel,

I have Dell machines.
The toolbars I mention are what came with it. I have only added a LastPass toolbar, which is a password management program.

Excessive unnecessary toolbars are often the bane of good computing maintenance.
What toolbars do you have and what toolbars do you feel you lack?
First, I accidentally omitted the first sentence. It said to click on the Task bar. The task bar brings up a list that does not include the command bar. The menu bar, on the other hand, does bring up a list with command bar, favorites bar, etc. I did check them but nothing appeared.

I am thinking I had better call the man who set up my computer and see what he knows about this. Something is amiss.

Thank you for your patience. Hazel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers