U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 PM

167 posts, read 907,478 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks due to the problem I had with my computers'(2)....since being without, I did see that I could live w/out the internet, however, at night I normally unwind via my laptop but began reading more and feel asleep alot faster than doing the computer gig...Anyhoo, I am back up and running again and the reading has gone by the wayside...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 05:10 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,395,201 times
You know, this is my first computer. I have only had it since March. I am sure that I would meltdown without it, but it seems to me that I used to have a slightly cleaner house and my husband was not so lonesome.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:16 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,117,950 times
Oh, don't ask my husband about my time on the computer!

Old 10-21-2006, 05:54 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,145,038 times
I'm not addicted to my computer....no siree jimbob. I can live without it. I don't spend too much time on it. It's normal to wake up in the morning and the next thing you know the sun is setting....but....you may have anything in my house, don't you even think about touching my computer!!! If it comes to human sacrifices, I'm willing to throw in a couple of first cousins of my choosing to maintain my access to the internet...but no, I'm not addicted, no way. No how. Just not a possibility

Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM

622 posts, read 2,547,709 times
the first stage is denial!

Old 10-21-2006, 06:45 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,506,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'm not addicted to my computer....no siree jimbob. I can live without it. I don't spend too much time on it. It's normal to wake up in the morning and the next thing you know the sun is setting....but....you may have anything in my house, don't you even think about touching my computer!!! If it comes to human sacrifices, I'm willing to throw in a couple of first cousins of my choosing to maintain my access to the internet...but no, I'm not addicted, no way. No how. Just not a possibility

That's very funny. I'll join you - one more raises hand. Did I miss another day? "The sun will come out, tomorrow..."

Welcome back GoodToGo!

Now, should I be off to do my sinkful of dishes & pick up the clothes scattered about, or...

Old 10-21-2006, 09:04 PM

622 posts, read 2,547,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
Computer crashes...What to Do?
Buy a mac. *snicker*

Old 10-23-2006, 04:09 AM

892 posts, read 2,217,299 times
This is my first "pc", have always had a Mac and they don't crash. It does bother me but I just don't see how it happens if you have all the security and stuff.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,506,126 times
Sometimes my pc crashes when I have too many programs open at the same time. Trying to run too many processes, while having limited memory is like me trying to make morning coffee, without my glasses & only 3-hrs of sleep. "Stop, drop, roll..."

Sometimes my laptop crashes when it overheats. Wasn't meant to be on 12-hrs straight. But, I found this bloody forum, with all these interesting posts & I now have a new friend called "addiction"...

Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,410,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Buy a mac. *snicker*
Snicker away - but my daughter just got a Mac laptop, and it completely died 4 days later. She sent it in, they sent it back. Then it stopped working entirely again. She's not happy, being as we are, right in the middle of college applications.

That being said, I'd probably own an Apple computer myself (really...) - were it not for the fact that the software I earn a living with isn't (and never will be) written in a mac flavour.

Apple computers are terrific. But they are just tools, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or