U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Veterans Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM

3,544 posts, read 5,676,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
Time to promote the IT son to IT manager and get a tech that an get things done. Bootcamp basically turns your Mac into a straight PC, my guess is they don't have the right version of Windows to install onto the Mac.

Can the implementation be successful, yes, but there should be a business reason as to why?

I doubt SAGE will develop for a Mac OSX, they'd send the money developing a web based solution.
They are running Parallels, not Bootcamp. But yea probably time to rethink this unless there is a good business reason to run Macs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM

4,448 posts, read 5,445,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
They are running Parallels, not Bootcamp. But yea probably time to rethink this unless there is a good business reason to run Macs.
"Techrat spent all day yesterday trying to get BootCamp to work and was unsuccessful"

Sounds like they want to use the hardware and doesn't really need the OS.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:33 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,827,846 times
Ugh, another day of issues - today, the Windows wanted to update, started last night, spent all night was still at it this morning, then threw out an error code this morning. Techrat's response was "this is why I hate Windows" then he restarts the updates and says there is nothing he can do, I just have to wait for it to finish. I comment that this really needs to be done after hours. Two hours later screen still says, Preparing to configure Windows, 4 hours later my director told the kid to figure out how to override it so I could get something done. Lo and behold he figured out how to stop the update so I can get some work done.

I am actually forwarding this entire thread to my Director - this whole experiment in my opinion is just stupid. All of my applications are Windows only, Mac is not an option (Sage 50) and to try and run this with Parallels with the bottom of the line MAC is proving to be headache producing.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM

3,035 posts, read 3,375,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
Ugh, another day of issues - today, the Windows wanted to update, started last night, spent all night was still at it this morning, then threw out an error code this morning. Techrat's response was "this is why I hate Windows" then he restarts the updates and says there is nothing he can do, I just have to wait for it to finish. I comment that this really needs to be done after hours. Two hours later screen still says, Preparing to configure Windows, 4 hours later my director told the kid to figure out how to override it so I could get something done. Lo and behold he figured out how to stop the update so I can get some work done.
This is actually a windows issue, He hasn't turned off autoupdate on windows (7?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
I am actually forwarding this entire thread to my Director - this whole experiment in my opinion is just stupid. All of my applications are Windows only, Mac is not an option (Sage 50) and to try and run this with Parallels with the bottom of the line MAC is proving to be headache producing.
I see. Most mainstream software is cross platform, obviously not in this case. Sage might run in crossover but you'd probably loose networking capability.

Tbh he should just be able to install windows in bootcamp (7 or higher) and turn it into a windows box. Or up the ram to 8gb and assign 4gb to parallels, most the performance issues should go away then.

Last edited by archineer; 04-08-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers