U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 04:24 AM

21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Perhaps; it's not clear. Usually "Dragon" refers to Dragon made by Comodo. I've never heard someone call Dragon Naturally Speaking by Nuance just "Dragon.

I'm not sure the OP has cleared it up yet either.
See #7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 AM

874 posts, read 508,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Considering the DRAGON and was looking for any feedback from any users.

Is it worth the price (currently on a TV special)

I have tried those Virus cleaners and have no luck with them. Price is not that critical but just would like something to work....hate throwing money on worthless junk and the Dragon might just be another throwaway item.

The idea of a voice activating the Laptop has me thinking as my old fingers are a wee bit stiff when typing.

Welcome any feedback as to the worthiness be it good or bad......anyone?
I have not seen or used this version. Back in the 90s, I visited the home of the woman creating it. It was in its infancy then. It was amazing. I saw that ad on TV. I plan to give it a try. I was following the product and in the beginning it was soooo expensive. I thought the price on TV was very reasonable compared to years passed. But, I haven't actually used it, so I don't know.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 AM

10,753 posts, read 18,005,309 times
Quote:
Perhaps; it's not clear. Usually "Dragon" refers to Dragon made by Comodo. I've never heard someone call Dragon Naturally Speaking by Nuance just "Dragon.

It's quite clear, the Dragon web browser is not being sold in TV ads

Old 12-05-2014, 10:16 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
Quote:
Considering the DRAGON and was looking for any feedback from any users.

Is it worth the price (currently on a TV special)

I have tried those Virus cleaners and have no luck with them. Price is not that critical but just would like something to work....hate throwing money on worthless junk and the Dragon might just be another throwaway item.

The idea of a voice activating the Laptop has me thinking as my old fingers are a wee bit stiff when typing.

Welcome any feedback as to the worthiness be it good or bad......anyone?
Quote:

Seriously? How many posters does it take to comprehend the English language?

Post #1 fer God's sake!

Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 AM

6,704 posts, read 18,971,178 times
Will be buying the Dragon Voice activation tomorrow....seems that Best Buy or Walmart next door has a $49 Special this week with that low price (no different then other low prices that fail to work) things could get interesting....will update.

Thanx all again.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Ok you NICE people here. Went to Best Buy and they just had the $99 Dragon that I did not want as per their Internet info.

Walked over next door to Wallyworld where they were supposed to have a $49 Internet Special that I could not access too on the Internet but as most common they did have the current update #13 as of 9/2014 so for the price of $89.97 I did buy the Home . On the Internet there is the shipping chge so did not want to spend the time and Gas looking around.

Tried this AM to install and come up with a "enter the serial number on the sleeve".

Where in the %*(_&%@@&() is the serial number on any sleeve.

I speak and understand English well being US schooled.

The box shows the bar codes at purchase with numbers but other then that ZILCH.

I have found in the past after purchasing a product and reading the enclosed brochers would have NEVER bought having known the lack of info or ridiculous things needed to use the product.

Ok. will have to cool down as I'm typing by hand where a product I purchased was supposed to do that chore.

Any wise answers for me before I return the Dragon?

Old 12-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Tried this AM to install and come up with a "enter the serial number on the sleeve".

Where in the %*(_&%@@&() is the serial number on any sleeve.
That translates to, enter the serial number on the sleeve that the installation CD was in.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:17 PM

Holy Kazoobal.....feel stupid...good thing I did not throw the paper in the trash. Why would it be called a "sleeve"...a simple word like "CD envelope" would make more sense.

As I humbly crawl away will update my any progress.

Had my NICE Dell XP stolen and this New ASUS Win 8 has too many "bells and whistles" to navigate.

What ever happened to the Model T and it's simplicity?

Old 12-07-2014, 02:19 PM

Technically it's not en envelope, an envelope is enclosed with a flap, a sleeve isn't. When records were popular were they kept in sleeves or envelopes?

Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
Don't be embarrassed. We just got new Samsung smart phones and I was getting frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to zoom the camera. The light went on when someone in a forum mentioned zooming in on a web page.

Placed thumb and finger on the screen and spread them apart. Voila, zoom!

Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or