U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 05:50 PM

6,704 posts, read 18,971,178 times

Advertisements

Ok guys....did take over 45 mins for it to load up so will wait til tomorrow for some words (verbally I hope).

Do believe that any product sold in another country should show directions/wording that they can understand like that of the US...UK...Australia as a comparison.

I deal with another thread where the Latter use different words compared to the US and at times confusing trying to come up with a logical comeback etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 12:48 AM

Seems I did not have the Dragon completely installed or confirmation etc.

Serial number then a Machine Fingerprint and then a 60 (letters/numbers) for activation key....latter part changes with every attempt as a Authorization .. ....comes back saying my serial number is incorrect.....over an hr and same crapolla.

At this point am a little bit hot under the collar.

Page one to fill serial and Machine Fingerprint
Page two for activation key to be entered in Page one WTF//////
Will not work as Serial number is wrong
Round and round we go......will try again to morrow.
Checked and checked my entries....no mistakes.

At this point will NEVER recommend DRAGON to anyone.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:32 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
The worst serial/activation characters

Upper case B vs number 8

Lower case L vs upper case i (l and I in a lot of sans serif fonts are indistinguishable)

VV vs W (Two upper case V's)

Number 0 and upper case O

I might be missing a couple.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:36 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
Nuance's page regarding the activation process. Both manual and automatic.

Nuance- Support: Product Activation

Old 12-09-2014, 06:14 AM

21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Ok you NICE people here. Went to Best Buy and they just had the $99 Dragon that I did not want as per their Internet info.

Walked over next door to Wallyworld where they were supposed to have a $49 Internet Special that I could not access too on the Internet but as most common they did have the current update #13 as of 9/2014 so for the price of $89.97 I did buy the Home . On the Internet there is the shipping chge so did not want to spend the time and Gas looking around.
FYI: If you print their Internet price and carry it into the store, they price match it as long as it does not say "internet only" or "clearance".

So if you got it from WW then per their price match policy they match Amazon who sells it for $75 and free shipping.

Answer Detail

Old 12-09-2014, 11:36 AM

Hmmm...strange thing. Never completed a Activation last night yet this AM turned to the program and it's ON and WORKING. Somebody must have heard me.

Went thru the Tutorial and did learn some of the needs to function properly. With some practice things just might work out.

Will update as things progress...will take time with some practice.

Again THANX to those who tried to help this OLD guy....will toast a nice De Kyper Blackberry Brandy for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or