U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:41 PM

3,279 posts, read 4,205,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Indeed they are....since at least as far back as version 27 - maybe a little further.

So why not use a version that wasn't awful? I use version 13 and it is fast and smooth, though occasionally I do get the busy script messages you mention. And it has a separate search box - didn't know that had been dropped.
No, they haven't dropped it, it's now in "grid" layout when you expand it vs a straight drop-box, the latter being what I prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 01:06 PM

13 posts, read 8,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, Firefox crashes with me ALL the time. The main thing it loves and I mean just LOVES to do is give you that "a script on this page may be busy" and it then gives you the options of "continue" or "stop script." I get this ALL the time with Firefox on every machine except the older (32, I think) version that used to be on my older Windows XP laptop. (And no, XP has nothing to do with it, because I also used to get that same error message on my my wife's previous XP desktop.)
I have been running the latest Firefox for years, and I have never had the problems described with it, even in Windows XP. Perhaps you have a bad add-on, faulty RAM or a really slow computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
The other, more recent thing--I'm not sure what version it is, but they ruined the search box, which is one feature that had me hanging onto Firefox, because they were the only ones that had the separate search box, a design I strongly prefer. (To me, combining the search box and URL box is an awful design.)
What? I'm running the latest Firefox (version 34) right now and the URL and search bars are separate:

Old 12-30-2014, 12:30 AM

30,967 posts, read 17,207,885 times
Firefox is my default browser and I've never had it crash on me. My system is a Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, almost 2 years old. I'm using the latest version 34.1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers