U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2014, 07:56 PM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734

Advertisements

A gaming computer vs a regular computer... can someone please tell me the difference. Thank you so much.

 
Old 12-11-2014, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Shady Drifter
2,444 posts, read 1,950,500 times
Reputation: 4096
A gaming computer will have the most powerful processors and video cards available, and be specifically designed to run graphically intensive games at the highest resolution and frame rate.
 
Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 PM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
A gaming computer will have the most powerful processors and video cards available, and be specifically designed to run graphically intensive games at the highest resolution and frame rate.
Thank you. I bought one, thinking maybe I'd find a game to play, but I also thought it would be like a regular computer. There's no place to connect a printer. I'm going to send it back. It never occurred to me it wouldn't have a connection for a printer.
 
Old 12-11-2014, 10:30 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Thank you. I bought one, thinking maybe I'd find a game to play, but I also thought it would be like a regular computer. There's no place to connect a printer. I'm going to send it back. It never occurred to me it wouldn't have a connection for a printer.
A gaming computer should have a standard USB port (which is what 99% of printers today use).

A gaming computer typically has everything a traditional computer has. It also happens to include some additional higher end hardware that is needed for games. You should be able to do everything on a gaming computer that you can on a traditional computer. This includes connecting a printer.

If you provide details about the model of the computer you purchased, we can help you out more.
 
Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A gaming computer should have a standard USB port (which is what 99% of printers today use).

A gaming computer typically has everything a traditional computer has. It also happens to include some additional higher end hardware that is needed for games. You should be able to do everything on a gaming computer that you can on a traditional computer. This includes connecting a printer.

If you provide details about the model of the computer you purchased, we can help you out more.
That's a relief if I don't have to send it back. My printer is old, so maybe I just need a new one. That's the main concern.... a printer. Thanks for the information.
 
Old 12-12-2014, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,825 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Reputation: 8060
You need one of these:

Amazon.com: C2G / Cables to Go 16899 USB To DB25 IEEE-1284 Parallel Printer Adapter Cable, 6 Feet: Electronics
 
Old 12-12-2014, 09:52 AM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734
Thanks!
 
Old 12-12-2014, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Diaspora
21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times
Reputation: 8930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Thanks!

Don't waste your time as most times it doesn't work. Just hunt for a new printer.

here are some sites to help you find one:

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons, Promo Codes & Discounts

Save with coupons and deals - get cash back today | FatWallet
 
Old 12-12-2014, 11:33 AM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Don't waste your time as most times it doesn't work. Just hunt for a new printer.

here are some sites to help you find one:

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons, Promo Codes & Discounts

Save with coupons and deals - get cash back today | FatWallet
As it turns out, I decided to do just that and bought one only moments ago.
 
Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 AM
 
Location: USA
7,778 posts, read 10,352,327 times
Reputation: 11734
For my last computer (the one I'm using now) I'm connected to the internet with an ethernet cable which is also attached to my cable modem... can someone tell me what had been done to the computer to allow it to be connected in that way? Was a router used? Or, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top