U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 PM

7,305 posts, read 23,783,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
As far as I know Decrapifier is a safe program. Posters I trust here recommend it.
Thanks. I ran it and it removed a few things. The "Tekken" games were the only one I think it recommended. I also ran, CCleaner on a friends recommendation. It is still slow. Now that I think about this, it all started when I installed the "Webroot" program that BB told me to install! I am calling them tomorrow. I am not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
I bought a Chromebook for $199 and it loads web pages lightning fast, it's perfect for web browsing and watching videos, and it's so cheap I don't worry about it. Who cares about "expanding". Technology these days advances so quickly that you're really not saving money by upgrading a device, unless you're some super power user. I've also had several Macs and had zero problems. Any Windows machine I have ever purchased is full of bloatware, and continues to get slower the longer you own it.
I wish I had of got the mac, but I do love this thing other than the slowness that started when I installed the webroot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
I bought a Chromebook for $199 and it loads web pages lightning fast, it's perfect for web browsing and watching videos, and it's so cheap I don't worry about it. Who cares about "expanding". Technology these days advances so quickly that you're really not saving money by upgrading a device, unless you're some super power user. I've also had several Macs and had zero problems. Any Windows machine I have ever purchased is full of bloatware, and continues to get slower the longer you own it.
Looks like you've been purchasing the wrong Windows machines.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:08 AM

13,322 posts, read 20,368,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Thanks. I ran it and it removed a few things. The "Tekken" games were the only one I think it recommended. I also ran, CCleaner on a friends recommendation. It is still slow. Now that I think about this, it all started when I installed the "Webroot" program that BB told me to install! I am calling them tomorrow. I am not happy.

I wish I had of got the mac, but I do love this thing other than the slowness that started when I installed the webroot.
Just get rid of the webroot. The "warranty" is not worth it.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:22 PM

Thanks. I believe I am. I am going to tell them I am going to remove it and give me a $309 refund and the 2 year extra warranty. I cannot stand it being this slow. It is insane.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 PM

I think I am going to take this Toshiba laptop back and get an Apple Imac desktop.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:28 PM

Well I did the "restore / refresh" and now it is lightning fast again. I removed the webroot last night, but it must not have completely removed it because when I did the refresh, it said it would delete webroot. Well it is lightning fast again since the refresh. I am not going to install it again and going to call best buy tomorrow and see if the webroot just has to be in there to keep my extended warranty valid. If they say yes, I am going to take it back because I do not want it in there.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:39 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Well I did the "restore / refresh" and now it is lightning fast again. I removed the webroot last night, but it must not have completely removed it because when I did the refresh, it said it would delete webroot. Well it is lightning fast again since the refresh. I am not going to install it again and going to call best buy tomorrow and see if the webroot just has to be in there to keep my extended warranty valid. If they say yes, I am going to take it back because I do not want it in there.
Or you can cancel the extended warranty. If you really want an extended warranty, just get one from Squaretrade. They don't have any silly requirements.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Or you can cancel the extended warranty. If you really want an extended warranty, just get one from Squaretrade. They don't have any silly requirements.
Thanks! I may do that... I don't think it is worth it, but it did have the protection plan if I were to break it accidentally. I would probably never move it from my desk though. lol.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:30 PM

Well it is still lightning fast, but I went down through like 17 hours of facebook "news feed" and when I went to open a new box, there were the boxes overlapping (windows 8) at the bottom (favorites, frequent sites, etc) and when I clicked they just kept jumping and overlapping - is that normal? After I closed it all out and restarted, it was ok. Not sure what was going on there. lol. I just don't seem to be having any luck. I am trying to talk myself in returning and exchange for that Apple iMac desktop, but it is a little more $ and I am told not as fast as this laptop.

I think I have one or two more days to make up my mind... after that, it is mine for the long road. lol.

This is what I have now...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-...&skuId=8790165

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 01-12-2015 at 11:40 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 11:54 PM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
There is a program you can download that makes Win8 look like Win7, You might give it a try.

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers