U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM

24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Good point. I get to whine about my state again

I'm aware of that - but it just wouldn't flow as well saying 'Holy Washington State Department of Revenue Batman'
You should visit my state.... You'll feel better about your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 08:33 AM

11,820 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You should visit my state.... You'll feel better about your state.
Illinois???

(Why don't people use the location field!!! )

Old 01-05-2015, 11:00 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,019,325 times
In other news, this MacBook Pro is a sexy piece of hardware.

I highly recommend picking one up.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 PM

2,939 posts, read 2,464,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I bought a 13" 1.3ghz i5 4GB 128GB SSD MacBook Air in August 2013 as my first ever Apple computer... and it's been great but after getting an iPad Air 2 a few months back I wanted more power and retina display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I got a killer machine at a great price and man... it blows the MB Air out of the water.

So THIS is what an i7 quad core processor can do! I love it! LOL
Are MacBook Air's that slow? Or just that much slower than what you bought? They are the one Apple product I've thought about buying some day in the next couple of years. My current laptop is a 2.3 GHZ, i3 Asus laptop.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:16 PM

832 posts, read 977,970 times
Love my Macbook (even if it's just an i7 2013 model)

Best thing is how quickly and how much you can sell your used Apple products for. Never got into the whole iPhone shindig though.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:30 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,019,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Are MacBook Air's that slow? Or just that much slower than what you bought? They are the one Apple product I've thought about buying some day in the next couple of years. My current laptop is a 2.3 GHZ, i3 Asus laptop.
It was just slower than what I bought. The 2.2ghz i7 in my Pro is just a bit faster than the 1.3ghz i5 in the Air.

The MacBook Air is a great laptop... I used it for over a year and loved it... then I got the iPad Air 2 a couple months ago (with retina display) and fell in love with that.

Problem is, Air doesn't have the retina display (yet) and I've been debating on whether or not I wanted to upgrade for the last month or so.

When I saw the $100 off sale I went for it... I had went to the post office a couple months ago and got a mover's 10% coupon that was surprisingly accepted... for an extra $190 off.

A steal of a deal and I'm happy.

MacBook Air was my first Apple laptop and it's a fine purchase... but after 16 months I was ready to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Love my Macbook (even if it's just an i7 2013 model)

Best thing is how quickly and how much you can sell your used Apple products for. Never got into the whole iPhone shindig though.
Yeah... that's what's great about Apple... the resale value is there. I sold my 64GB iPhone 5s in September for $450... and it was a year old.

I paid $999 for the Air in September 2013... and sold it for $500 in January 2015. I could have maybe gotten $550 or even $600 but there were quite a few listed on Craigslist at those prices so I undercut just a bit and it sold... in 15 minutes.

From the time I listed it till the time I was meeting the buyer at the coffee shop was less than an hour.

That's Apple resale for ya...

Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 AM

24,503 posts, read 35,965,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Illinois???

(Why don't people use the location field!!! )
Lol. I try not to do this on the Internet, but I chuckled. May this reputation point afford you the finest dinner for you and yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers