U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 12:56 PM

5,834 posts, read 9,220,537 times

Advertisements

I just installed legitimate software from a DVD that was purchased from a company. When I launch the program a windows installer pops up wanting to install something called "Strongvault" and asks me to select the file location from a drop down list. I contacted the software vendor and they assure me it isn't part of their program.

I don't know why this suddenly started doing this. Is there any way to prevent this particular box from appearing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 01:06 PM

15,210 posts, read 18,497,278 times
Try this

Remove StrongVault Online Backup virus (Uninstall Guide)

BTW, that was the very first result when searching google for "strongvault".

Old 01-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Try this

Remove StrongVault Online Backup virus (Uninstall Guide)

BTW, that was the very first result when searching google for "strongvault".
I don't have the program installed; the installer is launching but can't find the install files. It is asking my the directory location in order to install the program. I did search google for a solution and if it were installed it would be easy to clean up. The problem is it is launching the install window every time I open a particular software program

Old 01-14-2015, 07:02 PM

10,755 posts, read 18,013,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I don't have the program installed; the installer is launching but can't find the install files. It is asking my the directory location in order to install the program. I did search google for a solution and if it were installed it would be easy to clean up. The problem is it is launching the install window every time I open a particular software program
Contact the software vendor, if you paid for it they should support it. While you're at it ask them why they include malware with their retail products.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Contact the software vendor, if you paid for it they should support it. While you're at it ask them why they include malware with their retail products.
I did contact the vendor as mentioned in a previous post. It isn't a "mass market" program and they told me that it is not in their software. I had two other people in the office install the software and they do not have the problem I do on my machine.

Again, the problem is this.

When I launch this software a install window pops up asking me to select the location of the strongvault installation files. It is trying to install the program but can't find the files.

I just want the window to stop opening every time I start this software. Is there a way to prevent this from running when I start the program?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or