U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 10:53 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,558,926 times

Advertisements

Okay, boys and girls. I have some jackleg who attempted to highjack at least one of my accounts on the big, bad world wide interwebz. The ip is as follows...

Can anyone who has some strong web-fu tell me about who this could be? Or maybe where this attack originated? I did see the ip as something from Rio. I have my doubts.

I'll be your best friend/buy you a sandwich/give you a beer/supply a nice cold soda.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 PM

39,947 posts, read 57,785,520 times
Looks like Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip...189.52.154.130
http://www.ip-tracker.org/lookup/who...189.52.154.130
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,682,491 times
Not sure why you doubt it.

I have multiple web servers, and get hit hundreds of times a day from all over the world. There are bots (computer programs), that do nothing all day long but try to break into accounts.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,518,442 times
There are so many ip programs out there nowadays that it is hard to know where a person is, so if the ip is correct, then above is where the person is but if they are using an ip program, then they could be anywhere.

I have been an administrator and moderator on a number of forums over the years, so when a new member would sign up I would check their email addresses, forum names and ip addresses on a website that lists spammers, only to find that the same email address will often have many ip addresses tied to it.

Good luck spanky, I hope you find them.

Also never click on links in emails that feel wrong to you, even when they come from a trusted person, those will often have trojans in them that can take over your system.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:08 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,558,926 times
I rarely every open any email attachments. I try to be careful about that. My initial thought was it was a spoofed ip address, which is why I asked and said I had my doubts.

Thanks for the input.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:40 PM

3,545 posts, read 5,682,491 times
It could be spoofed, but probably not. There are tons and tons of infected machines out there, all over the world.

You don't say what type of account, or details of what you know, but it's probably not a personal attack, just a random drive by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or