U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM

5,374 posts, read 11,285,294 times

Advertisements

On my PC, using Mozilla Firefox, latest version, was getting so *buggy*, I gave up.
So I changed to Google Chrome browser.
I am getting used to it, but I like to know, if anybody can tell me how to get the following done.

One tab open. Open up a link in another tab.

How do I make sure that the focus goes immediately to the newly opened tab ?

Mozilla Firefox has a setting where you can easily have that occur.
On the Chrome browser, I have not been able to find the option to do that.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,656,019 times
Check this extension out:

Quote:
Brings newly created tabs to the foreground.
With this extension, newly created tabs are activated instead of left to linger hidden behind other tabs. Try it by right clicking on a link and selecting "Open link in new tab". You'll be shown the new tab right way instead of having to click it first.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jlacla/related

Last edited by plwhit; 02-10-2015 at 10:16 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 AM

5,896 posts, read 4,421,807 times
I went from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome several years ago, and in the last few months, have moved back to Mozilla Firefox as my main browser, with Google Chrome being used occasionally. For me, I felt Google Chrome was starting to get buggy and slow, and Firefox seemed to be faster.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:06 AM

13,332 posts, read 20,382,420 times
I like Firefox better, but i've been using chrome lately. I dislike the tab setting, but I'm only temporarily using it.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:40 PM

5,374 posts, read 11,285,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Check this extension
Thank you !

Old 02-14-2015, 03:14 PM

5,571 posts, read 6,091,089 times
People assume web browsers are a kind of miracle. They aren't.
Differences between them are relatively minor and most casual work can be done quite well from all.
The differences are important mostly for programmers.
Buggy or not: browsers collect garbage and bloatware from visited websites. So, disable add-ons. Clear browsing data, cookies, history, maybe even reset all.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:18 AM

3 posts, read 1,397 times
I was using Firefox before but it was too slow. I updated it as well but I was not satisfied. So finally I moved to Chrome. Its not going for crash, never freeze and very fast. But I have concern with privacy. Does Google tracking us with it? Does anybody know about it?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 PM

5,571 posts, read 6,091,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieEvans View Post
I was using Firefox before but it was too slow. I updated it as well but I was not satisfied. So finally I moved to Chrome. Its not going for crash, never freeze and very fast. But I have concern with privacy. Does Google tracking us with it? Does anybody know about it?
You can get your answer by looking at your search history. Type in a new search word and you'll see how chrome "suggests" and directs to websites you already visited. Also pop-ups that refer to your known buying habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or