Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times

Advertisements

I would contact tech support at Real. I've had reasonably quick results contacting tech support for various software applications, but YMMV.

Contact Us | Realnetworks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
I sent them an email, describing the issue, and here's the reply I got.
Quote:
We are aware of the issue this issue and we have escalated your issue to our Technical Department and you can track this issue with 103500. When we have an update on the status of this issue, we will send you an email to let you know, and to provide any instructions that may be necessary.
But I haven't heard from them since the 13th.

So I wondered if there was something I could download that would make it work.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I sent them an email, describing the issue, and here's the reply I got.

But I haven't heard from them since the 13th.

So I wondered if there was something I could download that would make it work.
That's a long time. I don't use Real, so I can't be much help.

To clarify, you don't have Real installed, but get the error when trying to login on their website. Correct?

If so, I would download Real and/or the H264 plugin. If those methods fail then you might need to make sure all of the components are uninstalled before installing them again. I had some difficulty with iTunes recently and my fix was to uninstall everything apple before attempting to reinstall; this could be a possible fix if your restore did not uninstall the components since they could be damaged.

Then again, if Real doesn't need to be installed in order to use the site the above steps are probably moot.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:41 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's a long time. I don't use Real, so I can't be much help.

To clarify, you don't have Real installed, but get the error when trying to login on their website. Correct?

If so, I would download Real and/or the H264 plugin. If those methods fail then you might need to make sure all of the components are uninstalled before installing them again. I had some difficulty with iTunes recently and my fix was to uninstall everything apple before attempting to reinstall; this could be a possible fix if your restore did not uninstall the components since they could be damaged.

Then again, if Real doesn't need to be installed in order to use the site the above steps are probably moot.
I had that issue with itunes recently as well. But 1st time that happened. Thankfully, that one was easy to fix.

I need to log-in to the player, not the actual site exactly to be able to download with the player. I use real player to download a show I watch. But, since I can't log-in, I can't use it to download anything, which is really all I use it for. I have RP Plus. But that's obsolete now, and RP Cloud was what I needed, but I have to log-in to access it. Now there's been a new update, and Real Player Times is what's new now.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:52 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
Make your life simpler. Just go to www.iobit.com and download their FREE "DriverBooster". It costs NOTHING (get the free version) and will effectively keep your computer's drivers up to date for NOTHING. It starts it's download out slow, but picks up after about 2 minutes. I do IT and computer repair and I've found the Iobit freebies to be indispensable for keeping computers up to date and clean. I also highly recommend their "Defrag" "Uninstaller" and most of all "Systemcare".

Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Make your life simpler. Just go to www.iobit.com and download their FREE "DriverBooster". It costs NOTHING (get the free version) and will effectively keep your computer's drivers up to date for NOTHING. It starts it's download out slow, but picks up after about 2 minutes. I do IT and computer repair and I've found the Iobit freebies to be indispensable for keeping computers up to date and clean. I also highly recommend their "Defrag" "Uninstaller" and most of all "Systemcare".
I'm glad you don't work on my computers

Old 07-26-2015, 01:53 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'm glad you don't work on my computers
Thought the same thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers