Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:36 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
1. That's expired, so there's no way to get that price today. If there is then you should post that link.
2. It's $100 off any clearance PC priced $199 and above. Unless these were clearance items that promo doesn't apply.
3. The few clearance PC items that show up on Staples.com are $600-$700 after a $50 rebate applied, so a $100 rebate wouldn't bring any of them down to $150.
4. If these were clearance items when that sale was active, they would presumably still be clearance items.
Oh blind one, click on the second link:

Quote:
Expires July 25, 2015
$100 off any clearance PC priced $200 or more.
In-Store Coupon Code: 49337
Look at the first thread and the 100's of people who got these deals. Online Staples website link is for information only and has nothing to do with store prices. You want the prices I paid, then you need to walk into every Staples you can just like everyone else did.

Here's another one that expires tomorrow:

Staples - $50 off PCs Regularly $299 and up - AC - In Store Only - Slickdeals.net

And if one is a college student, another $50 can be taken off.

Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 04:01 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Oh blind one...
I don't see what your trying to portray in this thread by snapping at people and calling them blind. This isn't a children's playground. Everyone else is simply trying to help answer the OP's question and prevent you from constantly misguiding people.

As others have pointed out, the OP's computer is hardly worthless with or without a 32 bit OS. Computers with similar specs sans an OS have sold for a couple hundred on eBay. Simply adding a 32-bit OS wouldn't drop the price from a couple hundred to worthless. When asked, you haven't explained how you came up with that inaccurate conclusion.

OP, check out completed listings on eBay. You'll get a good idea of what the computer is worth. Best of luck.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:59 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't see what your trying to portray in this thread by snapping at people and calling them blind. This isn't a children's playground. Everyone else is simply trying to help answer the OP's question and prevent you from constantly misguiding people.

As others have pointed out, the OP's computer is hardly worthless with or without a 32 bit OS. Computers with similar specs sans an OS have sold for a couple hundred on eBay. Simply adding a 32-bit OS wouldn't drop the price from a couple hundred to worthless. When asked, you haven't explained how you came up with that inaccurate conclusion.

OP, check out completed listings on eBay. You'll get a good idea of what the computer is worth. Best of luck.
Instead of flaming this thread with attacks on my opinion of the computer and me actually answering the OPs question plus adding other computers currently available for sale, Why don't you answer the question the OP made???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnb17 View Post
Hi CD,

My friend built this computer for me for gaming purposes and I no longer have use for it, so I'm just trying to see how much it's possibly worth. I'm not very good with computers, which is why I'm asking you all.

Should be pretty easy for the person who thinks he is the "Best" at everything.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:36 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Instead of flaming this thread with attacks on my opinion of the computer and me actually answering the OPs question plus adding other computers currently available for sale, Why don't you answer the question the OP made???

Should be pretty easy for the person who thinks he is the "Best" at everything.
It's unclear to me why you have spent the entire latter half of this thread attacking people who are trying to help the OP. Folks have kindly and accurately shared information that may be helpful to the op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers