U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM

136 posts, read 549,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I use an HP Pavillion with Windows XP (yeah, I need to upgrade a bit). We're looking into a newer model actually, but speaking of Mac, someone just told me to get one because they're much better as far as antivirus and hacking, etc. Don't know if it's true or not, but I'd like one as long as I could have all of the same pleasures I have on my pc.
I use HP at home and at work. My first computer was an HP with Windows Me lol I still have it. This computer has been upgraded and could stand to be upgraded again. Even though this computer is older it runs smooth and is fairly fast for the age it works like a charm. I have had a older dell laptop that ran pretty good for its age but I got rid of it. My parents on the other hand have a dell dimension e310 and I dislike this computer. My brother has almost crashed it putting lots of software and viruses on it. This computer is almost a year old and is is bad shape. I did not like the functionality of it even before my bro ruined it. Now I have to try to reformat the hard drive. From what I hear dell computers dont come with restore cd's like HP does! I have always wanted a mac because I heard that they are very reliable and not prone to the viruses like pixieshmoo stated earlier but pricy. I have also wanted a sony vaio as well. Maybe one day I will invest in a mac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM

25,691 posts, read 24,524,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I'm one for buying those budget computers like a $299 Dell when they had those prices. Well, Dell has the worst record now, and is basically the McDonald's of computers not very good anymore. I'm looking at buying another brand. What brand do you have and any pros and cons would be great. Thanks!

Ive heard nothing good about Dell for years now. Though mine is some generic Fryes Electronics brand, with a couple of upgrades and had a cleanup done to it in the past 3 years since I bought it and its been doing fine. I just dont download a bunch of unnecessary stuff, just do simple 'surf and do your email' things, thats it. Its still doing good.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM

67,072 posts, read 16,509,160 times
I have 3 lap tops
I have 10 year old Compaq Presario.I have a lot of data there.I use it when I need to.
A Gateway MX6930 I bought this year.I love it. Using it right now.
An Averatec that you can write notes on it when you turn the screen around,that keep I in the office.
I personally like the Gateway. That's just personal preference

I personally like the Gateway,

Old 08-30-2007, 11:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,473,537 times
My "old" computer is a Dell Dimension 4700 with Windows XP Home. My "new" computer is a Dell Dimension C521 with Windows Vista Home Premium. It also has 4 times the memory (2 Gigs) and a hard drive that has 3 times more storage capacity that the old one...at less than half the price!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 PM

31 posts, read 152,974 times
i have a HP Pavillion. its ok, i had to reinstall the OS after it messed up. however, that was when i had the original hard drive in it. but, i bought a new HD and it seems to be working better.

my mom also has a different version od the HP pavillion and i replace her HD and that fix a lot of her many problems.

i recommend dell, compaq, and sony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or