Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 11:37 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,928,934 times

Advertisements

I received notice of this settlement August 7, 2015. I'm happy to see it, I found MacKeeper to be one of the most useless and annoying pieces of software that I ever purchased.

Quote:
RE: LEGAL NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
IF YOU PURCHASED MACKEEPER SOFTWARE ON OR BEFORE JULY 8, 2015,
A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.
A Federal Court authorized this notice. You are not being sued. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against ZeoBIT LLC, the makers of MacKeeper software. The lawsuit alleges that ZeoBIT deceptively advertised and sold MacKeeper as capable of enhancing a Macintosh computer’s speed, performance, and security by detecting and eliminating harmful errors and threats, but that it does not and cannot perform all of the functions advertised. ZeoBIT denies any wrongdoing, and the settlement does not establish that any law has been broken. The lawsuit is called Yencha v. ZeoBIT LLC, No. 14-cv-00578 and is in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. You need not live in Pennsylvania to participate.

• Why Am I Being Contacted? Our records show you may be a “Settlement Class Member” entitled to payment under the Settlement. Settlement Class Members are those people who live in the United States or its territories and purchased MacKeeper on or before July 8, 2015.
What Can I Get From the Settlement? Settlement Class Members can submit a valid claim by November 30, 2015 to receive a payment of up to $39.95 from a $2,000,000 Settlement Fund, after payment of the costs of administering the settlement, the attorneys’ fee award, and any incentive award to the plaintiff. The amount of the payment to Settlement Class Members depends upon the number of valid claims filed. There are approximately 513,000 individuals in the Settlement Class. Based upon class member participation in other similar settlements, the Parties anticipate that each Settlement Class Member that submits an approved claim in this case will receive a payment of $39.95. If, however, the amount required to pay each class member exceeds the amount of the Settlement Fund (after paying fees and expenses), then each Settlement Class Member who filed a valid claim will receive a proportionally reduced share of the Settlement Fund. If there is still money left in the Settlement Fund after all payments are made, the money will be donated to non-profit organizations. File your claim online here at www.YenchaSoftwareSettlement.com by November 30, 2015. To request a paper copy, call toll-free 1-877-315-1149.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 12:51 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,148,189 times
It's about time these scumbag ripoff outfits got taken down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers