Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 03:53 PM

93 posts, read 75,159 times

Advertisements

About 7 years or so ago I had a photobucket account in my name(foolish I know), upon finding this out a couple of weeks ago I removed my name from it and the deleted the account.

But it still comes up when googling my name. If you click on it you just get a "Error, this page does not exist" message. If I go to the image search, the images from that account still shows up aswell(with the same error message when clicking it).

The username(which also comes up next to my name) that I had on that photobucket account and the images on it... Are not embarrasing in it self. But they show an "intrest" that I had back then that can be misinterpreted and that I don't want to be connected to. (The images are not of me)

Will this ever go away from googles search? If so, how long will it take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 06:47 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,086 times
As long as photobucket is following seo guidelines, it should disappear in anywhere from 24 hours to 6 months. Google is very secretive about what its crawler is up to.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Google is quite intrusive!

Old 02-20-2016, 07:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
It will go way when Google crawls the page again and finds it's not there.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Google is quite intrusive!
Google only indexes what the site owner allows it to index.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
Google is very secretive about what its crawler is up to.
Not if you are the site owner, you can tell exactly what pages it requested. Legitimate bots like Google have their own user agent which can be used identify it.

If it's not your site you use the site: operator to get pages from a site:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...:city-data.com

Click the little arrow next to the URL's and select cache, that will give you the date it was last indexed.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:47 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not if you are the site owner, you can tell exactly what pages it requested. Legitimate bots like Google have their own user agent which can be used identify it.

If it's not your site you use the site: operator to get pages from a site:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...:city-data.com

Click the little arrow next to the URL's and select cache, that will give you the date it was last indexed.
Maybe I'm not as familiar with this as you. Where can I find out the next time Google will crawl my pages? How can I find out whether it will use the publish date from the article meta, schema, or sitemap in order to rank the page (I know it changes every crawl, but how do I know beforehand)? What is the criteria that Google uses to determine whether it will observe update policy when it crawls your pages? Every time I talk to Google, they tell me they don't disclose this information.

These are just a few things I've wondered in the past few days. There's so much more I'd like to know.

So, you might be able to help the OP with exactly when his photos will be off of google search. It will be the next time Google crawls his photobucket page. When will that be?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post

So, you might be able to help the OP with exactly when his photos will be off of google search. It will be the next time Google crawls his photobucket page. When will that be?
The only thing you can do is predict what Google will do. You couldn't pinpoint anything like that even if it was your own site and since you would have no access to the server logs on Photobucket it would be difficult to make any predictions. The only thing you can go by is analyzing Googles cache of pages on Photobucket.

What I said was:

Quote:
..if you are the site owne, you can tell exactly what pages it requested.
When Google requests a page for your site it's going to be logged in the access log. Web site statistic applications like AWStats will provide some basic information such as how many times the bot visited. I've never had the need for anything past that but there will certainly be applications that can provide more in depth analysis.

Another great tool is Webmastertools from Google. That will tell you exactly how many pages it's crawling each day.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Of course nothing ever disappears from the Internet,

https://archive.org/web/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:U...ayback_Machine

Old 02-24-2016, 01:15 AM

The Internet Archive obeys robots.txt which will remove the pages from the archive and any legitimate index , you can also have pages removed by request from most places but you need to own the site to do that.

Privately held cached pages is anyone's guess. If you have not excluded a page using robots.txt when it's published and Google crawls it whether they totally eradicate once you block it is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers