U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Veterans Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 06:17 PM

965 posts, read 1,217,348 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I have been dealing with 4-5 BSOD problems. They are outlined in the thread, BSOD, Return to Safe Mode.
Turcoloco has generously been looking at WhoCrashed, Event Viewer and Blue Screen reports (since the first week of May).
Nothing other than an NTFS error and a Kernel System error really surfaced. On Turco's advice I uninstalled AVG (free version I run with MalwareBytes) and it didn't have much diagnostic effect.

Rather than reinstalling AVG, I searched this forum and decided to try MSE. I am running Win 7.
The quick scan revealed nothing.
The long scan, which takes hours, revealed this version of a Trojan Dropper.
I clicked remove and MSE seems to have removed the program.
The problem is that in the MSE report it stated that this Trojan installs other programs.

Turco provided some other forums, I googled instead because the other forums are so technical.

This link below (it is a .com site) suggests installing spyhunter to uninstall and root out all files. It also provides instructions on how to do this manually but I can't identify the problematic files. I am having a hard time deciding which files to delete just to clean things up. It seems we have to download a files just to check on a political candidate these days.
Here is a link to the site:
http://http://fixpcviruses.com/troja...see-a-removal/

Has anyone had experience with this?I have no idea how long I have had this trojan or how corrupted my system is. I am assuming it has caused my BSOD events this May and slow performance.

Turco suggested spywarrior, I am going to check that site now.

Thanks for you time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or