U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 PM

3,007 posts, read 5,206,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
We can't help you if you don't try to help us. This is ridiculous. I'm sorry. How much are we supposed to guess?
NO... is your reply? Really? It's like pulling teeth to help you. Not like we get paid for this.

What are you trying to print FROM? Word? Excel? Chrome? Outlook? Libre Office?
PRINT isn't visible??? Again.... in WHAT app?
Screenshot maybe?

Work with us here, man.....

Ahaha. No kidding.

Who knows what the damn problem is? Reinstalling the printer is probably the best bet at this point. Or at least a first line thing.

If this was a new install of Windows 10, especially an upgrade and the user was using a legacy printer, who knows, it could have glitched somewhere...but I've never heard of it.

But yeah, there is not enough info to go on, a screenshot would go a long way here.

My questions would be the same:

What are you trying to print?

What do you see when you either go to File -> Print, or Control + P.

What is the model of the printer you see?

Do you see a green symbol on that printer; is the printer you want selected?

The Print button should be where it always is; in the respective app (usually the bottom right). Even with a PDF writer or Microsoft XPS it should still say print.

Printing in Chrome is tricky since there are a few ways of doing it. But in any case there's usually a printer icon OR a big bright blue Print icon.

Dunno?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 02:25 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,776,401 times
I think OP just forgot to plug in the printer power cable and will never come back.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:08 PM

11,825 posts, read 13,966,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Peregrine, the program/app makes little difference, since under Windows, going back to at least Windows 3.1, they all use the same system service.
I am well aware how printing works in Windows (and Mac, and linux and unix).

What I would like to be able to do is help the OP step-by-step. The steps to get to the print dialog box can vary a lot between programs.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:58 PM

1,736 posts, read 3,883,916 times
Windows 10 rejected my HP printer, despite the fact it initially recognized. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the problem is solved.

Thank you to those who tried to help.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:59 PM

1,736 posts, read 3,883,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I think OP just forgot to plug in the printer power cable and will never come back.
Yeah, that's what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or