U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,849 posts, read 13,978,818 times
Reputation: 8083

Advertisements

I assume you mean without.
I don't believe you, I'm sorry.

How does Microsoft know that is your tablet? Even if you use your Microsoft email address through on that tablet there is nothing that ties that information to your Play Store account to enable it to be auto downloaded.
This is not something MS does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
3,287 posts, read 1,674,680 times
Reputation: 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I assume you mean without.
I don't believe you, I'm sorry.
That dot after "sorry" was me caring.
Quote:
How does Microsoft know that is your tablet? Even if you use your Microsoft email address through on that tablet there is nothing that ties that information to your Play Store account to enable it to be auto downloaded.
This is not something MS does.
I signed into Google on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2016, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,849 posts, read 13,978,818 times
Reputation: 8083
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I signed into Google on it.
And? Google doesn't share that info with MS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2016, 09:05 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
3,287 posts, read 1,674,680 times
Reputation: 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And? Google doesn't share that info with MS.
I understand that you die if you don't prove me wrong. I'll send flowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2016, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,849 posts, read 13,978,818 times
Reputation: 8083
Huh? wtf.
You started this thread. MS did not automagically install these apps on your ANDROID tablet. Hell, they wouldn't even AUTOMAGICALLY install them on your Windows tablet. This is a fact.

Don't get all ticked off about it. There may have been trial versions on your tablet that were upgraded to the pay version, but again, without some input from you, these would not automatically install the paid versions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
3,287 posts, read 1,674,680 times
Reputation: 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Huh? wtf.
You started this thread. MS did not automagically install these apps on your ANDROID tablet. Hell, they wouldn't even AUTOMAGICALLY install them on your Windows tablet. This is a fact.
They did.
Quote:
Don't get all ticked off about it. There may have been trial versions on your tablet that were upgraded to the pay version, but again, without some input from you, these would not automatically install the paid versions.
Now I'm just amused.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:26 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top